Wiki Posts
Search

Eye Scan Entering UAE Through AUH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Eye Scan Entering UAE Through AUH

I traveled to Dubai via DXB from the US as a US citizen November of 2020. We arrived around 10PM and went through immigration. At some point I went to a desk to scan my eyes, but due to a congenital eye condition I have, the machine wouldn't work. They sent me to another area for more scans but no luck. I was told the person who can clear me is home asleep and I basically had to spend the entire night in the transit area until around noon the next day for them to allow me to enter the UAE. Needless to say I want to avoid the same situation when I head to UAE later this year.

Have they implemented any type of eye scan at AUH for arrivals?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I traveled to Dubai via DXB from the US as a US citizen November of 2020. We arrived around 10PM and went through immigration. At some point I went to a desk to scan my eyes, but due to a congenital eye condition I have, the machine wouldn't work. They sent me to another area for more scans but no luck. I was told the person who can clear me is home asleep and I basically had to spend the entire night in the transit area until around noon the next day for them to allow me to enter the UAE. Needless to say I want to avoid the same situation when I head to UAE later this year.

Have they implemented any type of eye scan at AUH for arrivals?
Missed this, yes sorry but the system was first in AUH
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Missed this, yes sorry but the system was first in AUH
Thank you for clarifying. Guess Ill just fly to Dubai then if it's the same system. Hopefully with an early morning arrival I won't be forced to stay there too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.