Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai to Abu Dhabi connection time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Dubai to Abu Dhabi connection time

I am considering an Emirates flight connecting to an Etihad flight that would have 3.5 hours to connect. Separate tickets obviously. I will be all carry-on, is this connection possible? I would be landing at around 7:30pm and have an 11pm departure from AUH.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Not impossible, but I wouldn't. You would need give at least 2 hours to clear immigration and make the journey by taxi (over an hour travel time) that only give you 30 minutes grace, assuming check in closes an hour before departure.
jmail1 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Its tight but do-able. I am very familiar with both airports, and know the little snags where hold ups can happen (DXB taxi queue etc). I think I would do it if i had to, but its up to you.
jmail1 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by jmail1
I am considering an Emirates flight connecting to an Etihad flight that would have 3.5 hours to connect. Separate tickets obviously. I will be all carry-on, is this connection possible? I would be landing at around 7:30pm and have an 11pm departure from AUH.
Not impossible, but probably not worth stressing yourself out unless it's absolutely necessary. You'll be at the whims of traffic to an extent I wouldn't want to be on separate tickets.
jmail1 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Plus the differing Covid requirements, green pass etc, of Abu Dhabi to consider
jmail1 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Wouldn't recommend. The immigration lines on arrival at DXB are incredibly painfully long during that time of the day, and keep in mind, if you're looking at a taxi/bus to catch, expect a 2 hour hop over to AUH, considering the fact that the Sheikh Zayed Road is incredibly crowded at that point of the day. You'll literally be arriving in AUH with minutes to spare. I would recommend you to look at the next departing flight out of AUH, or if you really want to get out of UAE the same night, I would advise you to check out Air Arabia. SHJ is much closer to DXB than AUH is.
jmail1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.