Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

How long to get on-arrival PCR test in AUH?

Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g

So now that Abu Dhabi requires an on-arrival PCR test even just for a transfer straight to Dubai, does anyone have any idea howl long these tests are taking to process?

Am due to land around midnight local but am now thinking about rescheduling the flight as it risks impacting meetings I have scheduled.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
So now that Abu Dhabi requires an on-arrival PCR test even just for a transfer straight to Dubai, does anyone have any idea howl long these tests are taking to process?

Am due to land around midnight local but am now thinking about rescheduling the flight as it risks impacting meetings I have scheduled.

Thanks in advance

I was there the week before last. The test is done before immigration. It’s free. My results came in in about four hours. You will need to download the Al Hosn app as that is how you will get to see your results and the app will automatically show green status assuming you test negative. The immigration officer will give you a number you need when you register on the Al Hosn app.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I was there the week before last. The test is done before immigration. It’s free. My results came in in about four hours. You will need to download the Al Hosn app as that is how you will get to see your results and the app will automatically show green status assuming you test negative. The immigration officer will give you a number you need when you register on the Al Hosn app.
Thanks for that - very useful. Can I check though, were you able to leave the airport immediately after the test, or did you have to wait for 4 hours before clearing immigration? I'm also mindful that because i'm not going to an address in Abu Dhabi this might create further problems for me.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
Thanks for that - very useful. Can I check though, were you able to leave the airport immediately after the test, or did you have to wait for 4 hours before clearing immigration? I'm also mindful that because i'm not going to an address in Abu Dhabi this might create further problems for me.
You are free to leave the airport after the PCR test. I can’t see you going to Dubai being an issue. Immigration didn’t ask me where I was staying.
swiss Julie likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
You are free to leave the airport after the PCR test. I can’t see you going to Dubai being an issue. Immigration didn’t ask me where I was staying.
Same experience this week , it was incredibly quick although I think they did ask me where I was staying but didn’t note it down (possibly because I’m staying at the (British) embassy).
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:33 am

Four data points since last month. Shortest time to get results was 48 mins, longest was 97 mins.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: EXP
I believe that testing is before immigration only if you arrive into the old, 'round', terminal; otherwise it's after you exit arrivals hall (IE: after immigration, bag claim, customs). As the exit from arrivals is shared by both terminals, they check the back of your passport for a sticker and then direct you accordingly - exit or PCR test area.
Caveat: this was in November
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by duchy
Same experience this week , it was incredibly quick although I think they did ask me where I was staying but didn’t note it down (possibly because I’m staying at the (British) embassy).
Oi! im just down the road. our old mates there were rotated to vietman. if youre ever in need of a drinking buddy at "The Hutch" let me know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.