Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad cancels flight, won't rebook

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
Angry Etihad cancels flight, won't rebook

So Etihad cancelled my return flight AUH-MAD on the 28th of March and they won't rebook me on a flight to Madrid via BCN, ZRH, AMS or BRU on the same day. This because the flights between AMS/ZRH/BCN/BRU and MAD are codeshare and not on their own metal. They only want to rebook us on a direct flight between AUH and MAD on another day in March, but I already made plans around this day so I want to fly on the 28th as I booked.

Is there any way to get in contact with someone at Etihad who can really help you instead of only getting told no at the call center? I also tried Twitter but they are useless too, just pointing me to their callcenter.

Last edited by williamvdh; Dec 28, 2021 at 4:08 am
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Approach Guest Relations
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

After 6 times HUCA to their callcenter they rebooked us on a codeshare at last.
jaejaez and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Yay good for you well done at persevering
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
They just rebooked my flight, without even asking if I agree with the new dates (I don't). Who can I inform that I do not agree with this rebooking, and can I ask them just to cancel/refund the whole flight cost?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by john11111111111
They just rebooked my flight, without even asking if I agree with the new dates (I don't). Who can I inform that I do not agree with this rebooking, and can I ask them just to cancel/refund the whole flight cost?
They did the same with my booking. They will offer to refund if you call. Maybe you have to call 6 times like me, but eventually they will refund

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.