Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest

My thoughts on Etihad flights yesterday

Old May 25, 21, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold

Flew yesterday on a OW ticket LHR-AUH-CGK Business Class

LHR-AUH had 19 passengers, including 4 in business class, service was great, no complaints overall a great flight

Lounge was open in AUH but very quiet with only 7 flights leaving after Midnight.

AUH-CGK had 118 passengers including around 10 in Business class, meal choice was limited as they had run out of stock, I think I was the last to be asked, so didn't eat on the flight, 4 passengers refused to wear masks in Business Class, when asked they basically refused and the crew just ignored it from then on.

Overall for the price paid it was a reasonable flight, especially the first sector.

One other point both flights where on 787 and the product is starting to look a bit tired, maybe just the colour scheme.
john11111111111 likes this.
Old May 25, 21, 9:20 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
Flew yesterday on a OW ticket LHR-AUH-CGK Business Class

LHR-AUH had 19 passengers, including 4 in business class, service was great, no complaints overall a great flight

Lounge was open in AUH but very quiet with only 7 flights leaving after Midnight.

AUH-CGK had 118 passengers including around 10 in Business class, meal choice was limited as they had run out of stock, I think I was the last to be asked, so didn't eat on the flight, 4 passengers refused to wear masks in Business Class, when asked they basically refused and the crew just ignored it from then on.

Overall for the price paid it was a reasonable flight, especially the first sector.

One other point both flights where on 787 and the product is starting to look a bit tired, maybe just the colour scheme.
Passengers agree when booking that masks are a requirement, crew should have been a damn sight more insistent and had them "met" on arrival
Old May 26, 21, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
I agree but sadly didn't happen
Old Jun 1, 21, 2:57 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Very interesting thanks. I'll be doing CGK-AUH-LHR return as soon as AUH gets taken off the red list!! Good to know the flight is still operating anyway. My travel credit is waiting to be used.

by the way are you now in the 5 day quarantine? How is it?

also, how is the transfer in Abu Dhabi?
Old Jun 1, 21, 4:31 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by john11111111111 View Post
Very interesting thanks. I'll be doing CGK-AUH-LHR return as soon as AUH gets taken off the red list!! Good to know the flight is still operating anyway. My travel credit is waiting to be used.

by the way are you now in the 5 day quarantine? How is it?

also, how is the transfer in Abu Dhabi?
Hopefully some news this Friday but sadly I've little hope of them going Amber when talk is that Kuwait and Bahrain are going red ???? Reasons for which elude me

Search this Thread