FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   My thoughts on Etihad flights yesterday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/2040953-my-thoughts-etihad-flights-yesterday.html)

walkingtall May 25, 2021 3:55 am

My thoughts on Etihad flights yesterday

Flew yesterday on a OW ticket LHR-AUH-CGK Business Class

LHR-AUH had 19 passengers, including 4 in business class, service was great, no complaints overall a great flight

Lounge was open in AUH but very quiet with only 7 flights leaving after Midnight.

AUH-CGK had 118 passengers including around 10 in Business class, meal choice was limited as they had run out of stock, I think I was the last to be asked, so didn't eat on the flight, 4 passengers refused to wear masks in Business Class, when asked they basically refused and the crew just ignored it from then on.

Overall for the price paid it was a reasonable flight, especially the first sector.

One other point both flights where on 787 and the product is starting to look a bit tired, maybe just the colour scheme.

Dogmatick May 25, 2021 8:20 am

Originally Posted by walkingtall (Post 33277096)
Flew yesterday on a OW ticket LHR-AUH-CGK Business Class

LHR-AUH had 19 passengers, including 4 in business class, service was great, no complaints overall a great flight

Lounge was open in AUH but very quiet with only 7 flights leaving after Midnight.

AUH-CGK had 118 passengers including around 10 in Business class, meal choice was limited as they had run out of stock, I think I was the last to be asked, so didn't eat on the flight, 4 passengers refused to wear masks in Business Class, when asked they basically refused and the crew just ignored it from then on.

Overall for the price paid it was a reasonable flight, especially the first sector.

One other point both flights where on 787 and the product is starting to look a bit tired, maybe just the colour scheme.

Passengers agree when booking that masks are a requirement, crew should have been a damn sight more insistent and had them "met" on arrival

walkingtall May 26, 2021 7:07 am

I agree but sadly didn't happen

john11111111111 Jun 1, 2021 1:57 am

Very interesting thanks. I'll be doing CGK-AUH-LHR return as soon as AUH gets taken off the red list!! Good to know the flight is still operating anyway. My travel credit is waiting to be used.

by the way are you now in the 5 day quarantine? How is it?

also, how is the transfer in Abu Dhabi?

Dogmatick Jun 1, 2021 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by john11111111111 (Post 33294290)
Very interesting thanks. I'll be doing CGK-AUH-LHR return as soon as AUH gets taken off the red list!! Good to know the flight is still operating anyway. My travel credit is waiting to be used.

by the way are you now in the 5 day quarantine? How is it?

also, how is the transfer in Abu Dhabi?

Hopefully some news this Friday but sadly I've little hope of them going Amber when talk is that Kuwait and Bahrain are going red ???? Reasons for which elude me