FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Etihad travel credit - won't be using (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/2040008-etihad-travel-credit-wont-using.html)

Rabia Mir May 12, 2021 8:32 am

Etihad travel credit - won't be using

We have 2 travel bank accounts with £1500 credit and £1200 credit
Expires May 2022 (but can travel after this date)
I have fallen pregnant and already we have a toddler so it will be impossible for us to take a trip abroad with Etihad in the next 2 years at the least, and they won't refund either. Is there anything I can do?

Dogmatick May 12, 2021 11:04 am

All my requests for any information regarding the expiry of travel bank has fallen on deaf ears. They don't even respond.......

seantheman May 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dogmatick (Post 33246050)
All my requests for any information regarding the expiry of travel bank has fallen on deaf ears. They don't even respond.......

I just called and they told me in 5 minutes...

erik123 May 13, 2021 2:52 am

It may depend on country of residence. Some countries require a cash refund depending on circumstances. They may also extend the validity with a dr's note - though with EY that is unlikely.

Dogmatick May 13, 2021 3:10 am

Originally Posted by seantheman (Post 33246830)
I just called and they told me in 5 minutes...

Told you what ?
I'm referencing that they should be extended due to the ongoing travel limitations. There are currently no flights back to the UK for example and our Transport Secretary has suggested that the UAE won't come off our Red List anytime soon
Also when I purchased their Travel Bank bonus offer they still flew the A380 - they don't now so the offering is significantly changed to what was there when I bought in

zimstyles May 13, 2021 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Rabia Mir (Post 33245663)
We have 2 travel bank accounts with £1500 credit and £1200 credit
Expires May 2022 (but can travel after this date)
I have fallen pregnant and already we have a toddler so it will be impossible for us to take a trip abroad with Etihad in the next 2 years at the least, and they won't refund either. Is there anything I can do?

Hi there - i am in a similar situation with a twist. I have sent numerous emails to guest relations, guest gold, raised forms on the website. The mantra is the same, we will not refund you cash.

We tried to use the credit, but unfortunately Etihad stopped flying out of South Africa. Currently i am trying to get guest relations to call me so i try use the credit on another airline.

erik123 May 14, 2021 2:11 am

Check regulations re: refund in your country of residence and if a cash refund is required send EY a formal request referring with a copy of those.

mahmud62 May 15, 2021 11:30 pm

I think they are much more flexible if the cause Is the pandmic.

zimstyles May 17, 2021 3:10 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 33250304)
Check regulations re: refund in your country of residence and if a cash refund is required send EY a formal request referring with a copy of those.

If you already have money in travel bank it can never leave Travel Bank unless you spend it on another flight.

This is a hard and fast rule and there is no sympathy or way to change it.
I have been trying for well over six months to negotiate around this policy and the only option i was given is to try take it up legally - we all know there is no ways i am getting embroiled in a legal battle for a number of reason i wont mention here.

The long at short is - when your flight is cancelled there is a point of no return. If you do not take the cash option immediately you can forget about calling back and saying I had a change of heart can I have my cash.
hate to be the bearer of bad news - but willing to bet 10% of my travel bank to the person who can prove me wrong.

Dogmatick May 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by zimstyles (Post 33257373)
If you already have money in travel bank it can never leave Travel Bank unless you spend it on another flight.

This is a hard and fast rule and there is no sympathy or way to change it.
I have been trying for well over six months to negotiate around this policy and the only option i was given is to try take it up legally - we all know there is no ways i am getting embroiled in a legal battle for a number of reason i wont mention here.

The long at short is - when your flight is cancelled there is a point of no return. If you do not take the cash option immediately you can forget about calling back and saying I had a change of heart can I have my cash.
hate to be the bearer of bad news - but willing to bet 10% of my travel bank to the person who can prove me wrong.

I bought the travel bank credit when the offer came up for a bonus, mine wasn't ticket refunds. This fool and his money seem well parted

Talay Jun 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dogmatick (Post 33258597)
I bought the travel bank credit when the offer came up for a bonus, mine wasn't ticket refunds. This fool and his money seem well parted

I am in the same boat. Bought into the idea with a 50% bonus and then saw Etihad raise prices by around 50% which largely deflated the deal.

Family is usually out 8+ LHR-BKK routes in a year in business and now we've 9 months left and virtually no chance of using the credit.

Talay Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm

My last email to Etihad on this subject has never been responded to.

Today, their flights are more that 50% overpriced and that negates the offer. I am shocked that they fail to respond and we may go legal on them as for a huge proportion of the 24 months we we unable to fly and even today, we cannot fly unhindered.

Dogmatick Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm

I spoke to Guest Relations and they extended my credit by a year so is worth contacting them, there are some peach flights out there especially if you include XNB in the mix

holoski Jan 13, 2022 7:25 pm

Like many I took up the travel bank option. I had lost 2 business class flights Asia to Europe in the Pandemic, so bought enough for 2 tickets on the same route at a later date. Now I find with the Etihad prices I can only afford one! As many said, the Etihad prices are ridiculous and I am unsure who chooses to fly them at these prices.
Sadly the good idea of a travel bank and me trusting them to be reasonable on pricing has backfired. Like u,I need book before end of May 22 and inevitably will have to split flights, ie I fly Etihad and my wife with another airline, I am certainly not paying for a second ticket at these rates. Back to Qatar or Emirates for the other, it is nearly a 1/3rd of the Etihad price!
Annoying.

Dogmatick Jan 15, 2022 7:14 am

I had my travel bank extended by a Year after complaining to Guest relations, it is worth a try particularly citing continued restrictions and their massive increase in fares - hopefully the return of the 380s will drop the prices