Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

AA Flagship First through Etihad Guest - how many points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

I read conflicting things on this. If I want to book AA Flagship First to LHR and then connecting on to FCO) through Etihad guest, is that 50k points or 62,500 points?

Last edited by flyerfirsts; May 10, 2021 at 8:06 pm
Old May 11, 2021, 2:27 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I read conflicting things on this. If I want to book AA Flagship First to LHR and then connecting on to FCO) through Etihad guest, is that 50k points or 62,500 points?
Unsure of the specifics of your request but those figures look familiar as the amount needed for LHR to FCO on Al Italia from Etihad and one figure is miles only and the other includes taxes, I believe but would be happily corrected
Old May 11, 2021, 4:31 am

https://www.etihadguest.com/content/...tion_Table.pdf

Here is the link to the Etihad Alitalia redemption chart one way LHR FCO is 12/24 K miles
Old May 11, 2021, 6:57 am
Original Poster

I was unclear, you can book AA from JFK to FCO through Etihad Guest, just only the JFK to LHR portion is on "flagship first". The Etihad AA chart says 50k points for "Business/First" but 62,500 points for "Premium"
Old May 11, 2021, 8:46 am

Sorry can't help further than to suggest that the business/First is referring to in continent travel at the front of a narrowbody that we in Europe call business but is first in the US and Premium might be Real First Transatlantic. That is however postulating rather than from an ounce of knowledge
Old May 16, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Not sure when you are traveling, but the Flagship experience is essentially a glorified check-in and that's it at this point in time as far as the "benefits." That said, there's almost never a wait to check-in for even domestic F in the regular priority line. No FF dining, no true Flagship Lounge. Certainly may want to save those points for something other than a private check-in experience unless you value a semi-private check-in. At least at JFK you still get routed to the normal security line post Flagship check-in. Not a dedicated one, due to "COVID."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.