Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Holiday Destinations from AUH without Quarantine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Abu Dhabi expat resident here. Just got a note from Etihad saying that all my Etihad miles will expire in January next year. Pressure is on to burn them before expiry.
Currently looking through the list of possible holiday destinations where I don't have to quarantine upon arrival.

Quick google search has returned the following list of potential candidates (served by Etihad, no quarantine) - has anyone had any experience in travelling to these no-quarantine places? Were there any issues? Thanks in advance!

1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Maldives
4. Seychelles
5. Jordan
6. Morocco (?)
7. Anywhere else I missed?

Last edited by jaejaez; Apr 18, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Abu Dhabi expat resident here. Just got a note from Etihad saying that all my Etihad miles will expire in January next year. Pressure is on to burn them before expiry.
Currently looking through the list of possible holiday destinations where I don't have to quarantine upon arrival.

Quick google search has returned the following list of potential candidates (served by Etihad, no quarantine) - has anyone had any experience in travelling to these no-quarantine places? Were there any issues? Thanks in advance!

1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Maldives
4. Seychelles
5. Jordan
6. Morocco (?)
When are you planning on traveling? If not until later in the year, you might find the list of available destinations to be greatly expanded.

I would expect Israel to loosen travel restrictions over the next few months due to its vaccination success, and it's been discussing a quarantine-free travel zone with the UAE. So that could be another option (and easily combined with Jordan).
jaejaez likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:17 pm

I understand that they changed the expiry policy to 18 months of inactivity, so if you have any transactions before January then I think it will be okay?
jaejaez likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by jaejaez

1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Maldives
4. Seychelles
5. Jordan
6. Morocco (?)
I think Switzerland is now also possible. The UAE was taken off Switzerland's list of countries with an increased risk of infection on 8th of April.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: EY Gold
To extend the miles expiry date as mentioned up thread all one has to do is have some activity on ones account, that could be as simple as buying a 1000 miles.

I agree the options of destinations is likely to significantly improve as the year progresses.

Zac.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I get thousands of miles added to my account every mth from my credit card spend - I guess this doesn't count? Buying a 1000 miles is easy if that's all it takes to extend expiry. Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:36 pm

I don't see why CC miles shouldn't count - perhaps try sending them an email to clarify?

(Based on a quick read of the T&Cs, it's not clear because it refers to "Qualifying Activity" as the trigger for a further 18-month validity, but does not define what Qualifying Activity is / includes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.