115,292 Guest Miles for LHR-AUH??

Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wsc
Unfortunately not!

And looks like Etihad is scrapping most of F... very sad, I wanted to try it out, looked amazing!
I do wonder if they'll either retrofit any considering the loss of the F space on the 380s or if they'll just wait for the 350s and the 777Xs

Or just not exist as a separate airline
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by atsak
It absolutely was. Thai had the best ground services I found, but Etihad's apartment was . . . really unbelievable. The residence too - I never got to fly that but they did let me look around in there when I was flying in First. I'm really glad I got to do it - sorry you didn't; I think Singapore's is apparently very similar by looking at pictures so maybe you could try that using Krisflyer ??
I thought Singapore Airlines was scrapping/blocking all F seats through Feb. of 2022?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Mariott Plat UA Silver Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by hurnik
I thought Singapore Airlines was scrapping/blocking all F seats through Feb. of 2022?
Oh perhaps. I had been looking at a booking in Dec or Jan (22) and it was showing first available but that was weeks ago . . . and they may not have removed the inventory? I was looking at SIN-SYD.

Hopefully that comes back since Etihad is very unlikely.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:56 am
wsc

Dogmatick or others, any chance you could check this for a flight for me? MLE to AUH please - shows up as 86,045 miles (i.e. that is miles + cash tax treated as miles), but I want to know the pure miles + cash tax element. If you could kindly assist please. I can't find a way to do this without having miles in my account. it would be much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
I can only presume it is including the taxes in miles which it seems forever want to do now, definitely would not ever suggest MR points to Etihad unless you are getting a big bonus on it

Yes just checked and confirmed that it is doing the taxes via miles, I believe that if you call you can pay the taxes as cash instead else use the slider in the payment field to reduce the miles to roughly that shown here and pay 337 in cash
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Showing 51K economy 86k Business one way in June inc tax cant see the other way seems not to show today

Also try here

https://www.etihad.com/en/guest/miles-calculator which shows
Economy 28,500 Business 52,500 First 71,250
wsc likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
So yes the best option is LX in business LHR-ZRH-DXB.
What is availability like for this? Recently transferred some Amex points to SQ for this very redemption for when things resume to normal.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pazza2000
What is availability like for this? Recently transferred some Amex points to SQ for this very redemption for when things resume to normal.
Have a look on SQ website or check on UA. A brief look at first 2 weeks of Jul LHR-DXB shows:

1st - LH & LX
2nd - LH
3rd -
4th -
5th - LH & LX
6th - LH
7th
8th - LX
9th - LH & LX
10th - LH
1th -
12th - LX
13th - LH
14th - LH
15th - LH & LX

Lots of seats on all those days. So for July there is tons of availability!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Have a look on SQ website or check on UA. A brief look at first 2 weeks of Jul LHR-DXB shows:

1st - LH & LX
2nd - LH
3rd -
4th -
5th - LH & LX
6th - LH
7th
8th - LX
9th - LH & LX
10th - LH
1th -
12th - LX
13th - LH
14th - LH
15th - LH & LX

Lots of seats on all those days. So for July there is tons of availability!
Great, looking at Oct/Nov so should hopefully have options. May likely be EDI-ZRH-DXB so hopefully that wont hinder things

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.