FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Etihad's 'store credit' and extra $400 bonus. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/2031162-etihads-store-credit-extra-400-bonus.html)

Sisyphus1carus Dec 25, 2020 3:34 pm

Etihad's 'store credit' and extra $400 bonus.

I see that Etihad have some offering whereby if you book a flight before Dec 31st for flight before April 2021, you can cancel that flight and they will give you 'store credit' to the the amount of your purchase PLUS either $200, $300 or $400 depending upon the destination.

If I am reading all this correct, I could book a flight to Australia (lets say for £1500), cancel the flight for 'store credit' in the amount of £1500 and they will add to that an extra 400USD (about £300). The 'store credit' needs to be used by the 31st October 2021.

Is this correct ?
Am I missing something or an extra caveat I haven't mentioned ?

I also have the the Etihad £250 back on a £500 purchase offer on my Amex (ends 31st Dec) and I am thinking I could combine this (I don't see any reason why not).
This would then get me ~£1800 to spend with Etihad for an outlay of just £1250.

Has anyone here done this ? With or without the Amex cashback.

s879 Feb 19, 2021 11:43 pm

Yes I did this. The $400 was equated to about £250 by them and not £300. The Etihad Credit for ticket price is valid for 2 years. The bonus $400's expiry is not very clear but from the terms and conditions I know it will expire on 31st October. Wondering if I book a ticket to travel before October and if it gets cancelled or I move my date whether the $400 will be taken away.

zimstyles Feb 24, 2021 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 32913032)
I see that Etihad have some offering whereby if you book a flight before Dec 31st for flight before April 2021, you can cancel that flight and they will give you 'store credit' to the the amount of your purchase PLUS either $200, $300 or $400 depending upon the destination.

If I am reading all this correct, I could book a flight to Australia (lets say for £1500), cancel the flight for 'store credit' in the amount of £1500 and they will add to that an extra 400USD (about £300). The 'store credit' needs to be used by the 31st October 2021.

Is this correct ?
Am I missing something or an extra caveat I haven't mentioned ?

I also have the the Etihad £250 back on a £500 purchase offer on my Amex (ends 31st Dec) and I am thinking I could combine this (I don't see any reason why not).
This would then get me ~£1800 to spend with Etihad for an outlay of just £1250.

Has anyone here done this ? With or without the Amex cashback.

I would stay away from this...
Check my profile and see my posts around the trouble I am having. Once you go this route, you can never refund the money to your credit card.

Keter Feb 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by s879 (Post 33049243)
Yes I did this. The $400 was equated to about £250 by them and not £300. The Etihad Credit for ticket price is valid for 2 years. The bonus $400's expiry is not very clear but from the terms and conditions I know it will expire on 31st October. Wondering if I book a ticket to travel before October and if it gets cancelled or I move my date whether the $400 will be taken away.

The extra credit (up to 400 USD) requires not only to be used before 31 October 2021 but to be flown too from what I can see in the rules.

Are you sure the main credit is valid for 2 years?

I am confused with the terms: https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/news/etihad-credit

EY does differentiate between Etihad credit and Bonus credit in the rules but in some places they say Etihad Credit is only valid for travel on/ before 30 October 2021, in others they say 12 months from a first cancelled flight (eligible for refund after). They do not required a cancellation to be inviluntary from what I can see.
EY also seems to say the bonus credit will be issued when you book a new flight and not when you cancel and the new trip must have higher price in order to quaify for the bonus credit.

And this is Covid waiver page for agents:
https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/news...covid19-waiver

Keter Mar 2, 2021 1:04 pm

I called EY and they told me the rules for agents (etihadhub) and for direct bookings with EY differ. It seems that the credits for direct booking via EY can be used for 2 years, but it would be great if anyone can revalidate this.

Some other datapoints: booked a ticket today (in order to cancel and to get bonus credit) and the nice lady told me I have to wait 10 days before i can do that:mad:. Luckily one of the option I was looking into can wait even longer. The question 'where I can find this policy on EY web' was answered 'it is an internal policy and I am telling you now'. :D:D:D Dear EY, please don't be pathetic again... It's a fair deal even if people try to benefit too much of it: you get cash we get cheaper flights. Deal done.

s879 Apr 17, 2021 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 33072452)
I called EY and they told me the rules for agents (etihadhub) and for direct bookings with EY differ. It seems that the credits for direct booking via EY can be used for 2 years, but it would be great if anyone can revalidate this.

Some other datapoints: booked a ticket today (in order to cancel and to get bonus credit) and the nice lady told me I have to wait 10 days before i can do that:mad:. Luckily one of the option I was looking into can wait even longer. The question 'where I can find this policy on EY web' was answered 'it is an internal policy and I am telling you now'. :D:D:D Dear EY, please don't be pathetic again... It's a fair deal even if people try to benefit too much of it: you get cash we get cheaper flights. Deal done.

Could anyone else confirm that the bonus credit won't expire if not used/flown by 30th Oct.

Keter May 18, 2021 9:21 am

Originally Posted by s879 (Post 33185545)
Could anyone else confirm that the bonus credit won't expire if not used/flown by 30th Oct.

I have received bobus credits by now for all my voluntarily 3 cancelled tickets, the emails say each is valid for 730 days from its issuance date.

guide187 Jun 3, 2021 2:38 am

Is it eligible to book now for the ticket for travel before october 2021 and canceled to get extra etihad credit, then book flight with credit for travel in April 2022?