FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Etihad covid policy on moving bookings? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/2030894-etihad-covid-policy-moving-bookings.html)

slidey Dec 21, 2020 4:47 am

Etihad covid policy on moving bookings?

Does Etihads covid policy currently allow for a voucher to be issued on voluntary cancellations where there has been no change to the flight? If so, can the voucher be used after oct 31? The site doesnt seem to be that clear, but would the following be valid -

I book a flight for May.
I decide to cancel the flight and get a voucher
I then use the voucher to book a flight for after oct 31st

The policy seems to suggest it has to be before november, but also that any date in the future is also ok?
and you can travel any time before 31 October 2021. Or you can simply rebook your trip at a time that suits you in the future

Sisyphus1carus Dec 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi, did you find out the answer ?

sth1984 Jan 4, 2021 4:21 am

Originally Posted by slidey (Post 32901758)
Does Etihads covid policy currently allow for a voucher to be issued on voluntary cancellations where there has been no change to the flight? If so, can the voucher be used after oct 31? The site doesnt seem to be that clear, but would the following be valid -

I book a flight for May.

The policy seems to suggest it has to be before november, but also that any date in the future is also ok?
and you can travel any time before 31 October 2021. Or you can simply rebook your trip at a time that suits you in the future

This is how a rep explained it to me over the phone.

- you make a booking for departure, say 1st March 2021
- you decide to /are forced by covid regulations to:
- travel earlier: change fee waived, but fare difference applies
- travel later, but before 30th June: no change fee, no fare difference will be charged
- travel later, between 30th June and 31st October: change fee waived, but fare difference charged if applicable
- travel after 31st October: normal fare rules apply, or you can apply for travel credit and buy a new ticket with the credit for up to 2 years in the future

Hope this helps.

mettaworldpeace Jan 6, 2021 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by sth1984 (Post 32936287)
This is how a rep explained it to me over the phone.

- you make a booking for departure, say 1st March 2021
- you decide to /are forced by covid regulations to:
- travel earlier: change fee waived, but fare difference applies
- travel later, but before 30th June: no change fee, no fare difference will be charged
- travel later, between 30th June and 31st October: change fee waived, but fare difference charged if applicable
- travel after 31st October: normal fare rules apply, or you can apply for travel credit and buy a new ticket with the credit for up to 2 years in the future

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. I, too, am wondering if I should make a booking now, even though I would likely have to make a change later (the fare is apparently on promotion until January 10th). I assume that you are only allowed one free change?

Keter Feb 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by slidey (Post 32901758)

I book a flight for May.

Same question here...

And an additional question: EY only officially waives change fees for travel on/ before 31 October 2021. However, this is not in fare rules (section 16). At the same timie voluntary changes section has an option of no change fees for changes (no date restriction). Anyone tried to change flights after 30 October, were change fees charged?

Keter Mar 4, 2021 12:43 pm

EY new policy v16 issued today (the agents version) is that for travel until 30 September inclusive change fee and fare difference will be waived, however same RBD(!!!) is now required. Change of origin/ destination within same zone is still permitted.

Well, what can I say - EY proved to be not very customer oriented (mildly speaking) by worsing the policy terms for those who planned to travel before 30 June...

Keter Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm

Does EY charge service fee for changes made via their call center under the Covid commercial policy?

Keter Aug 4, 2021 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 33091263)
Does EY charge service fee for changes made via their call center under the Covid commercial policy?

The answer is NO.

The Covid policy itself has been extended till 31 March 2022 (rebookings must be made before that date, travel dates until EOS however, if travel dates are beyond 31 March 2022 then standard rules will apply for changes (of course unless the policy is extended further).