Dubai resident flying into AUH

Old Oct 21, 20, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat
Dubai resident flying into AUH

Has anyone had any experience as a Dubai resident flying into AUH recently? Are you allowed to leave the airport and get straight into a taxi to Dubai? I don't want to end up stuck in Abu Dhabi for 14 days with a wristband...
Old Oct 22, 20, 4:36 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lkaroo View Post
Has anyone had any experience as a Dubai resident flying into AUH recently? Are you allowed to leave the airport and get straight into a taxi to Dubai? I don't want to end up stuck in Abu Dhabi for 14 days with a wristband...
You're only allowed to leave the airport in airport arranged transport and from what I've read this won't be a problem so long as you declare it on the way through. At worst they remove it at the border
Old Oct 23, 20, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat
Thanks.

I have also read this on the EY website but I am just concerned that I will end up in front of an immigration officer who does not know the rules. Was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.
Old Oct 30, 20, 1:55 pm

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by Dogmatick View Post
You're only allowed to leave the airport in airport arranged transport and from what I've read this won't be a problem so long as you declare it on the way through. At worst they remove it at the border
There is no "border" on the way to Dubai from Abu Dhabi, no police checkpoint either.
It is only the way to Abu Dhabi from Dubai

Search this Thread
Search Engine: