Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Test Required

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:47 am

Has anyone gotten the covid test from the mediclinic (recommended on Etihad's website) in Dubai (for an etihad flight)? How much does it cost? What was the process like? 8.3.4
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
does anyone know if EY has any specific requirements for the test? we are getting it at a CLIA/CAP accredited laboratory which should suffice as it no longer needs to be pure health, and are planning on just having the name, test result, DOB, test name, etc on the PDF lab report file.

anything else we should be aware of? test is next monday, flying out wednesday..
Old Sep 30, 2020, 5:43 pm

If it takes weeks to get results back how are we supposed to test 3 days prior to departure and have our results??
Old Sep 30, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Where do you live that it takes weeks to get results?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by csdf
Where do you live that it takes weeks to get results?
Im in the states but no one near me is doing PCR testing unless im super sick or health care worker.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by superpal
Im in the states but no one near me is doing PCR testing unless im super sick or health care worker.
You can try this:
https://rapidtesttravel.com/
It's all user-reported, so it may not be accurate (you'll have to call the places to verify)

Also, they will accept the Pixel at-home test by LabCorp:
https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-hom.../covid-19-test

Although you may have to pay for that one yourself (not sure if insurance covers it, etc.)
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Pure Health has increased the number of labs/testing locations available in the UK for PCR tests for travel and transit to and through the UAE. Furthermore, and conveniently they have expanded more test locations into Boots stores. Another six locations (not all Boots) have been added across the country. One of the Boots locations is in central Manchester, which is good for me as it is 35min train ride and a short walk as opposed to the hour or so drive on the worse part of the M62/M60 to Warrington. Boots are the test location and Viapath is doing the testing, Pure Health are oversight for the UAE.

Here is the link for the Boots service:

https://www.boots.com/health-pharmac...esting-service

Pure Health:

https://screening.purehealth.ae/application

Zac.
john11111111111 likes this.

Last edited by ZacZolar; Oct 2, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
You can try this:
https://rapidtesttravel.com/
It's all user-reported, so it may not be accurate (you'll have to call the places to verify)

Also, they will accept the Pixel at-home test by LabCorp:
https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-hom.../covid-19-test

Although you may have to pay for that one yourself (not sure if insurance covers it, etc.)
Is there a source for Etihad accepting the at home test?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by turtlelurker
Is there a source for Etihad accepting the at home test?
Over on Trip Advisor I believe some folks said that if traveling from the US and you can't find a Pure Health center, they will accept LabCorp's pixel at home test.
Per Etihad's site:
"Your test must be carried out by an approved Pure Health clinic where possible, or an approved medical facility 96 hours before your flight departure time – this only applies if you are flying from the USA."
and then
"Your test can be taken at any government accredited medical facility. Guests departing Pakistan and India must use an Etihad approved medical facility. "

Labcorp is government accredited and listed in NY (at least upstate).
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:08 pm

Is this confirmed? The home kit PCR Test by LabCorp is accepted by Etihad?

Need advice from anyone have experience departing from USA to Abu Dhabi, especially from the area where the PureHealth is not available.

I am booked on Lufthansa code share with Etihad (one ticket) from Dallas - Chicago (3hrs transit) - Frankfurt ( 8hrs transit) - Abu Dhabi. I spoke with Etihad agent over the phone that checked that AnyLAbTestNow Lab is not approved lab, hence the PCR won't be accepted and possible of denied boarding the Frankfurt. It not east to locate PCR test that able to produce result within 1-2days
I am holding American passport that at the moment can't leave FRA transit area, so COVID test at FRA airport is not possible.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Buffles
Is this confirmed? The home kit PCR Test by LabCorp is accepted by Etihad?

Need advice from anyone have experience departing from USA to Abu Dhabi, especially from the area where the PureHealth is not available.

I am booked on Lufthansa code share with Etihad (one ticket) from Dallas - Chicago (3hrs transit) - Frankfurt ( 8hrs transit) - Abu Dhabi. I spoke with Etihad agent over the phone that checked that AnyLAbTestNow Lab is not approved lab, hence the PCR won't be accepted and possible of denied boarding the Frankfurt. It not east to locate PCR test that able to produce result within 1-2days
I am holding American passport that at the moment can't leave FRA transit area, so COVID test at FRA airport is not possible.

Received an answer at other post "Lufthansa/Etihad Covid Test"

Last edited by Buffles; Oct 10, 2020 at 10:15 pm Reason: Add in Quote
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
This rule is simply unrealistic and I bet it doesn't last 2 more weeks.
3 months later, and BA announces it is about to start doing the same thing. So much for not lasting 2 weeks.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: EY Gold
3 months later, and BA announces it is about to start doing the same thing. So much for not lasting 2 weeks.

However, BA's motives are somewhat different ;-)

Zac.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:25 am

Yes, like many things about covid-times I continue to be surprised by how many extra restrictions people are willing to put up with. I was wrong about thinking this won't last.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi all,

I will travel from Luxembourg to Dubai in middle of January. The first leg of the trip will be from Luxembourg to Zurich. The second leg of the trip will be with Etihad from Zurich to Abu Dhabi. Both legs are booked separately. Do any of you know whether the mandatory PCR-test needs to be taken in the country of origin of the Etihad flight (i.e. ZRH) or is it also fine if the test is taken in LUX? Thank you all for your answers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.