Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad layover rules for AUH - max 4 hours now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:04 am
Original Poster

I don't know if this is true, but saw this on the Trip Advisor Forums. It seems Etihad (currently) has some rule that if you are traveling and your layover is more than 4 hours in AUH that you will not be allowed to fly?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...-Maldives.html
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Following with interest as we have a layover there coming up soon and it's for more than 6 hours. Never been a problem before and have not received anything from Etihad about any changes.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
i messaged etihad help on twitter and they confirmed the restriction however they have upped it for 6 hours ... my layover in oct is 6hr5mins so we will see...
Kevin Weldon and hurnik like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Thank you for the update and crazy that this isn't found ANYWHERE on the Etihad website. How crazy are they??? This drastically affects people trying to connect thru AUH and they keep it hidden.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
Thank you for the update and crazy that this isn't found ANYWHERE on the Etihad website. How crazy are they??? This drastically affects people trying to connect thru AUH and they keep it hidden.
its absolutely bonkers. also i wonder if 6 hours and 5 minutes will be allowed or if they’re gonna be super strict on it down to the minute. this all seems very dumb and unnecessary to me.

ive replied asking where i can find this in written form on the website. will report back when i hear something
Kevin Weldon and hurnik like this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Amazing ...

we have 10 / 11 hours layover in Abu Dhabi to go and come back from Maldives , “thanks” to three cancellations made by Ethiad Air ...

already booked the hotel at terminal 1

Spocken yesterday afternoon with ethiad CC to have reconfirmation of our flights and no mention about that by the CC operator ...

it seems unbelievable...if they sell flights with 10/11 hours connection without any notice on website

i’ll phone again the CC to have more informations
hurnik and Kevin Weldon like this.

Last edited by Dav77; Jul 17, 2020 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:58 am

Just phoned the CC in Italy

they confirmed me that actually (on July) the rule is 4 hours layover maximum

since our flight is on August, I’ve been told to phone again at beginning of August

I asked why there isn’t any notice on ethiad website

answer: “because the informations and the rules change every day ...”

I’ve been answered that ONLY BECAUSE I asked specificly about that

my first question was to check my PNR if everything was ok ...and the answer was “yes, everything is ok”

I find it ridiculous

does it means I won‘t be sure to leave until the day of my flight ?

I remember ethiad as a serious and great company... now, even understanding Covid etc...they don’t seem to be

they cancel flights, they move passengers as they wish, they rebooked 3 times, I had to change also the departure from Rome to Milan ...and now I can’t be sure to take my flight 2 weeks before departure ?

I hope to find an alternative flight with Qatar ...and bye bye Ethiad.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:43 am

These people are complete idiots.

A month ago the AUH airport authority was advising people to come to the airport *at least* 4 hours before departures to go through all the health and safety theatre. And now they don't want anyone in the airport for more than 4 hours.

Totally clueless.
Dav77 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
These people are complete idiots.
That of course assumes it is Etihad's decision and not that of AUH Airport management and/or the UAE government, which Etihad have to comply with along with all other airlines using AUH.

Zac.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by ZacZolar
That of course assumes it is Etihad's decision and not that of AUH Airport management and/or the UAE government, which Etihad have to comply with along with all other airlines using AUH.

Zac.
I didn't say it was Etihad's people that were idiots.

I believe it's far more likely that it was some group of genius bureaucrats in the UAE government who came up with this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:15 am

Zac.
that’s not the main point if the decision comes from ethiad or AUH Airport management

there are customers that need to be informed.

there are customers with a starting connection of 3 hours, rebooked by Ethiad with a 11 hours connection, without have been told about this rule
Kevin Weldon, hurnik and NoY like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by Dav77
that’s not the main point if the decision comes from ethiad or AUH Airport management

there are customers that need to be informed.

there are customers with a starting connection of 3 hours, rebooked by Ethiad with a 11 hours connection, without have been told about this rule
I did'nt say it was the main the main point. I was merely pointing out it may not be an Etihad decision.

Zac.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:18 am

I did'nt say it was the main the main point. I was merely pointing out it may not be an Etihad decision.

Zac.
I have emailed also AUH airport asking some informations more.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
I think the best option here is to just wait at see nearer to your date of travel . No borders appear to be open yet . I'm eager to travel myself , but due to restrictions , have no idea when I can leave the UK or which countries are likely to accept me . I'm sure towards the end of this month things hooefully , will be clearer ....
but of course this is Etihad ( joke )
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by tommy123
I think the best option here is to just wait at see nearer to your date of travel . No borders appear to be open yet . I'm eager to travel myself , but due to restrictions , have no idea when I can leave the UK or which countries are likely to accept me . I'm sure towards the end of this month things hooefully , will be clearer ....
but of course this is Etihad ( joke )
the latest reply i got for them was verbatim: Hi XXX, we are unable to advise on this due to the current situation. Please visit our website to see the latest travel updates as this can be amended at any time. http://etihad.com/travelalerts
Rose

like?!! this info isn’t even on your website!
Kevin Weldon, hurnik and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.