Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad layover rules for AUH - max 4 hours now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad layover rules for AUH - max 4 hours now?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Originally Posted by rvlcr
the latest reply i got for them was verbatim: Hi XXX, we are unable to advise on this due to the current situation. Please visit our website to see the latest travel updates as this can be amended at any time. http://etihad.com/travelalerts
Rose

like?!! this info isn’t even on your website!
This is sooo Etihad customer service. Good Lord man, how hard is it to link on your website updates about any time restrictions in place at AUH??????
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
This is sooo Etihad customer service. Good Lord man, how hard is it to link on your website updates about any time restrictions in place at AUH??????
they (Ethiad) prefer to sell tickets and take money ...

then, in case, they will refund in 3 months or giving a voucher.

what a shame
hurnik and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:12 am

Was told it was now 6hours by Zeo on twitter. Although AJ said it was 4hrs two hours prior.

Social media said they don' publish the information on the website because "Please note that regulations change all the time. " and it's too much work (okay I added the last bit)
hurnik, Dav77 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Dav77

then, in case, they will refund in 3 months or giving a voucher.
Not sure how true that it. I had a flight cancelled two weeks ago by EY because AUH-BKK leg was cancelled. I called them and requested refund and not voucher. The money was back on my credit card the next day.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Not sure how true that it. I had a flight cancelled two weeks ago by EY because AUH-BKK leg was cancelled. I called them and requested refund and not voucher. The money was back on my credit card the next day.
good to know. Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:35 am

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Flying biz class with Etihad to Maldives in May for our honeymoon. This has a 9 hour layover in AUH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT/Update - just spoke to Etihad customer service. They stated the max layover is now 12 hours. Hopefully this info helps someone out.

Last edited by Chappy54; Feb 24, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Chappy54
Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Flying biz class with Etihad to Maldives in May for our honeymoon. This has a 9 hour layover in AUH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT/Update - just spoke to Etihad customer service. They stated the max layover is now 12 hours. Hopefully this info helps someone out.
Thanks for sharing this! We're also flying to MLE via Etihad with the same layover in a couple of weeks so this was reassuring to here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.