Search

Platinum Guest Miles no longer expire

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Platinum Guest Miles no longer expire

Just received this

we know you value the miles you earn with us. So, to thank you for being a loyal Platinum member, we’re removing the expiry of your Etihad Guest Miles.

Starting from 31 July 2020, your miles will not expire as long as you maintain your Platinum Tier Status.

Now, sit back and enjoy more time to find your favourite rewards
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Finally...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways, Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards, Discovery Hotels, Bonvoy
Looks like the program is moving to activity based expiry - I got this as a gold member.

But the really good news is that from 31 July, every eligible transaction you make will extend your balance by another 18 months. That includes earning, spending or buying miles. You can only extend your miles balance once per month and by a maximum period of 18 months.
tommy123 likes this.

Last edited by anyfees99; Jun 30, 2020 at 10:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by anyfees99
Looks like the program is moving to activity based expiry - I got this as a gold member.

But the really good news is that from 31 July, every eligible transaction you make will extend your balance by another 18 months. That includes earning, spending or buying miles. You can only extend your miles balance once per month and by a maximum period of 18 months.

From 31 July 2020, your XXXXXXX Etihad Guest Miles will have a new validity of 18 months - valid until 31 January 2022.

But the really good news is that from 31 July, every eligible transaction you make will extend your balance by another 18 months*. That includes earning, spending or buying miles. You can only extend your miles balance once per month and by a maximum period of 18 months.

We know you like to save up your miles and now you have more time to find the perfect rewards.

Terms and conditions apply.

---

indeed thats good news, I do wonder if they can change the tier credits to be accumulated and reset every year. ive been close to platinum many times but the a large amount will get pulled out as they exited 2 months after earning leaving me super close but then, so far!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE=kelix;32498269indeed thats good news, I do wonder if they can change the tier credits to be accumulated and reset every year. ive been close to platinum many times but the a large amount will get pulled out as they exited 2 months after earning leaving me super close but then, so far![/QUOTE]

That's odd as the upgrade to the next level should be on a rolling 12 months or has that been changed ?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
That's odd as the upgrade to the next level should be on a rolling 12 months or has that been changed ?
Been that way for me since joining. its super annoying as they down say 30K tier miles will expire in June so its basically impossible to work you how many you need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.