Any Refund if aircraft type changed?

Old Jun 28, 20, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Any Refund if aircraft type changed?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

If I booked a F ticket with miles for the famous Apartment and later on Etihad changed the aircraft type, can I cancel my booking without any penalty? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 20, 6:32 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
I think there is a consensus on FT that aircraft type change does not break T&C and does not entitle you to get a refund (as long as class of service remains the same).
Old Jun 29, 20, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
I think there is a consensus on FT that aircraft type change does not break T&C and does not entitle you to get a refund (as long as class of service remains the same).
That is too bad. Thank You for the response!
Old Jun 29, 20, 12:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Marriott Platinum
it's highly unlikely though that etihad swaps out an A380 to a 777 with first. Most likely a route with an A380 gets swapped out to a 787 with no F
Old Jun 29, 20, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by zool007 View Post
it's highly unlikely though that etihad swaps out an A380 to a 777 with first. Most likely a route with an A380 gets swapped out to a 787 with no F
Why is it unlikely? The A380's are not economical to fly if they can't fill them. And with the current situation that is likely they cant get close to filling them. Lots of airlines are mothballing or retiring the A380 fleet.
Old Jun 29, 20, 11:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah View Post
Why is it unlikely? The A380's are not economical to fly if they can't fill them. And with the current situation that is likely they cant get close to filling them. Lots of airlines are mothballing or retiring the A380 fleet.
you misunderstood my comment. I did not state that the a380 is unlikely to be swapped. I stated that if it does swap, it's unlikely they swap it with a 777 with F. Which means OP will most likely be able to get a refund with no penalty because they'll most likely swap it with a 787 or a 777 with no F.
Old Jun 30, 20, 4:14 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
it is speculation as to whether the switch will or won't have First. That you would need to check with the airline

I assume your ticket is not flexible so if there is no first then you should be entitled to a refund and if there is First you will not - the plane is never guaranteed
Old Jun 30, 20, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K,AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Wasn't sure where to post this, here or the 0'erd out F thread. But I also have an apartments ticket booked in September. Right now, Expertflyer, American, and Etihad all show that the aircraft is still an A388 and I'm confirmed in First. Who/where is the best source to check for updates on this?

I worry that even if there is no aircraft swap, this feels like a disaster at the gate willing to happen.
Old Jul 1, 20, 3:47 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
All anyone can tell you is what is currently in the system September is still a long way off and one would expect that the airline would still be in a watch and wait mode - all we can say is that there is no certainty what will be flying that day

Search this Thread
Search Engine: