AD Residents - ICA

Old Jun 27, 20, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, EK Gold
AD Residents - ICA

Anyone have any luck leaving AD on EY to go home for a bit and then getting the ICA to come back in recent weeks?

How was your experience ?
Old Jun 28, 20, 2:43 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I haven't tried, but from what I can tell, you can't get ICA approval to return until you are out of the country. At that point, you join the queue of 20,000-200,000 people (reports vary!) who are trying to return to Abu Dhabi. My personal opinion is that unless you really really really have to leave, it's not worth the stress. Particularly as many (myself included) have been told that if they get stuck out of the country then they will have to take time off as leave.
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:44 pm

Programs: EY Gold, HH Gold, GHA Plat, QR Gold
Yea, my family is in oz. I wonder how we can bring them back before school starts again in late august.

the process itself seems very convoluted.
Old Jul 2, 20, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, EK Gold
Originally Posted by kelix View Post
Yea, my family is in oz. I wonder how we can bring them back before school starts again in late august.

the process itself seems very convoluted.
Yeah, it's about as clear as mud - it looks like there was guidance overnight on applying for a permit (50dhs fee of course) to all people to travel home and back but the website is un-navigatable...
Old Jul 6, 20, 8:34 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
With DXB now open to all tourist and residents effective today, what is the status with AUH. I am still confused with all the conflicting reports in the media
Old Jul 7, 20, 1:56 am

Programs: EY Platinum
AFAIK, no tourists can enter through AUH. Residents/citizens (and possibly tourists, though there aren't any yet so I don't really know) can enter from Dubai if they have a covid19 test dated 48 hours or less. I think AUH residents can enter through AUH if they have ICA approval and a covid19 test from their country of departure.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: