Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY Extends Rebooking No Fare Difference to 30 September

Old Jun 11, 20, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum

EY have updated their rebooking guidance as of 10th June and extended their no fare difference rule from 31st July to 30th Sept 2020.

Sadly the website has an error ATM, still shows 31 July date - I have been assured via Twitter this is wrong and will be corrected

The Booking Guide PDF shows the correct information.

UAE - https://www.etihad.com/content/dam/e...-june-2020.pdf
UK/EU/US/AUS -https://www.etihad.com/content/dam/e...-june-2020.pdf

Some good news for those of us with more than 1 flight to rebook...
Old Jun 11, 20, 7:09 am

They should make rebooking free of any charge well into the next year. Just have a look of what their competitors are doing, but Etihad always knows better and has to implement the most restricting and complicated process. Very few people will be able to travel intercontinental in September anyway. I just want to postpone my flights to next year without having to deal with the stupid Credit-System.
Old Jun 11, 20, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by SQ948 View Post
They should make rebooking free of any charge well into the next year. Just have a look of what their competitors are doing, but Etihad always knows better and has to implement the most restricting and complicated process. Very few people will be able to travel intercontinental in September anyway. I just want to postpone my flights to next year without having to deal with the stupid Credit-System.
Etihad now also give you that option if your flight is cancelled... and a refund if not used within 12 months! From their Covid page today:https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/travel-updates/covid-19

Keep your ticket open

If your flight has been cancelled, you can simply keep your ticket open until youíre ready to travel again. You donít need to call us or do anything until youíre ready to rebook. Weíll keep your ticket open until 31 October 2021, and if you havenít used your open ticket within 12 months of your first cancelled flight, you will be entitled to a refund. To request a refund, please call us.
Old Jun 11, 20, 9:11 am

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post
Etihad now also give you that option if your flight is cancelled... and a refund if not used within 12 months! From their Covid page today:https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/travel-updates/covid-19

Keep your ticket open

If your flight has been cancelled, you can simply keep your ticket open until youíre ready to travel again. You donít need to call us or do anything until youíre ready to rebook. Weíll keep your ticket open until 31 October 2021, and if you havenít used your open ticket within 12 months of your first cancelled flight, you will be entitled to a refund. To request a refund, please call us.

I dont see why anyone will do this. Take the cash, and you are free to spend it with any airline at anytime. The option in this link does not turn your ticket into a "Flex" type ticket. You will still have to pay the fare difference,
Old Jun 12, 20, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post

Keep your ticket open

That's a much more reasonable offer than the one they have been making to passengers since the problem started months ago. As the holder of a ticket for a cancelled flight, it also begs the question "why haven't they emailed me to tell me about this much better new offer"? They just don't seem to care about passengers at all.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: