Travel voucher 50% bonus credit

Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by seantheman
Tried buying a voucher today, but can't get through on the phone, even the premium line...can't login to etihad guest either??

Guess I'll try tomorrow!
Not sure where in the world you are, so your timezone may come into effect, but where I am the promotion finishes today (24th June). It may use Abu Dhabi time in which case it's definitely today.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Tried buying a voucher today, but can't get through on the phone, even the premium line...can't login to etihad guest either??

Guess I'll try tomorrow!
I did manage to get through yesterday using the USA toll free number on Skype . It took about 90 minutes for an answer (8pm UK time ) !
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Just tried and was told I had to buy in Dollars and would be converted to pounds to go in my travel bank, so my credit card would then charge me x% and a rubbish conversion

Is this the experience of others ?

i did load up my foreign account with USD cos this is the base currency EY is using to factor in the bonus. I had to buy my own USD to get a decent rate. Then they had to revalue using their own conversion rate back to my home currency. I end up losing ~$20. In the scheme of things, this is not significant cos they gave me like USD 1,250!

out of pocket: AUD $3,674.30 ($2,500 USD)
current travel bank value: AUD $5,463.96 ($3,750 USD)
net bonus: AUD$1,789.66 ($1,228.27 USD) which is about 49.13% bonus after taking into account conversion costs.

Last edited by scrappydog; Jun 24, 2020 at 5:58 am
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:48 am

Finally got through this morning after 1 hour on the premium line. Got my voucher, all done in 5 minutes, very efficient. I took out a BA Amex and got 25,000 avios bonus straight away too as a bonus

Now please don't go bust Etihad lol
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Finally got through this morning after 1 hour on the premium line. Got my voucher, all done in 5 minutes, very efficient. I took out a BA Amex and got 25,000 avios bonus straight away too as a bonus

Now please don't go bust Etihad lol
There's a premium line ? I've not heard that as a platinum, maybe I should read back my emails haha
Old Jun 24, 2020, 5:50 am

Just done mine and they gave a better than interbank rate conversion so am happy with that, let's see what Amex nails me for now !
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:35 am

There's a premium line ? I've not heard that as a platinum, maybe I should read back my emails haha
I only noticed it hidden away on the account page in Etihad guest
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:36 am

Just done mine and they gave a better than interbank rate conversion so am happy with that, let's see what Amex nails me for now !
Glad you sorted it, mine is in pounds too, was going to post a message letting you know that it still works out well when converted...

Expect a 2.99% fee from Amex but still more than worth it!
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OW Emerald), SkyTeam Elite (ITA status match)
I couldn't get through at all (several calls 30min+). I wonder why they didn't make it available on their website.. If they really need the cash, why not make it easy for everyone?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dump
I couldn't get through at all (several calls 30min+). I wonder why they didn't make it available on their website.. If they really need the cash, why not make it easy for everyone?
Credit to Etihad, I was trying for the last two days to the normal call center number in the UAE and the premium line and only ever got a message that they were busy try again later and then was automatically disconnected. I reached out on the twitter premium line around lunch time yesterday to see what the issue was with calling and they told me someone will call me back to buy the travel bank. No one ever called me back and this morning i finally got through on the phone and they told me that it had finished, which i was expecting them to say. So i sent another message on twitter to explain no one had called me and now the promo had ended. They told me they will still allow me to purchase since i had requested before the deadline and someone will call me. About 1 hour ago someone called and processed it in about 5 minutes, He was super helpful and friendly and said he was working through a backlog.

I think the call centers were also inundated with people trying to call to work out what they need to do to fly at the moment from within the UAE, given how confusing all of the different information floating around here has been in the past 2 or 3 days.

I was already resigned to the fact that I had left it to late and would not be able to purchase the travel bank, I should have done it a week ago when it was launched. But today they were super helpful and very friendly and surprised me, they didn't have to honor it but they did. I imagine its not an easy time to work in airlines, not a lot of job security, so to have them going out of there way for a loyal guest was amazing and much appreciated!
JayCee1966 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:03 am

@BigDaz Amazing what they are willing to do when they need cash from you. Wish it was the same for refunds.
Nizar and DarrelT like this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OW Emerald), SkyTeam Elite (ITA status match)
Just got a callback from Etihad and they told me if the reason for my multiple calls yesterday was to buy travel credit then yes - I can still have the 50% bonus even though the promo has now expired. So I went for it. Yes, they want the cash.. So anyone who didn't get through.. expect a call.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
When I bought mine in the UK at 3am , I was talking to a chap in the Philippines , very helpful , sorted in 5 minuites
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:09 pm

Anyone managed to use the Amex code WITH Travel bank? I don't seem to go through the new interface which offers travel bank payment if I use a promo code and I don't get the option for a promo code if I ask to use Travel Bank at the outset
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Voucher funds being refundable

Hi to everyone, have a question.

I bought into the Etihad 50% voucher offer.

I believe these funds are now in what’s called a travel bank.

My question is if I were to book a flight say for next summer using my travel voucher/bank funds and then decide to cancel, would Etihad refund the amount back to my travel voucher/bank ?

I have called Etihad twice and got two different answers:

1. No refund but could change date/time of flight

2. Funds would go back to travel voucher/bank

the flight I plan to book is a full business flex ticket with no refund penalties

would love some clarity, thanks.
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.