Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel voucher 50% bonus credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zimstyles
Not sure what has changed - Etihad has removed the payment options on the AMEX Promo. You are now forced to use an American Express.
I can still access Amex offer 👍: https://www.etihad.com/en/book/speci...erican-express
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Baresi
I can still access Amex offer 👍: https://www.etihad.com/en/book/speci...erican-express
I think the previous message was in reference to using Amex AND Travel Voucher, I think it needs doing with a code, not sure what the latest code is however
Baresi likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:26 pm

I think what is holding me back is that it will be in my local currency and the Pound is likely to be super volatile this year, I earn in dollars so would need to convert to sterling to buy them whereas I might lose a significant amount were the pound to crash further depending on how the markets view our ongoing negotiations (please this is not intended to descend into a Brexit thread)
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
I think what is holding me back is that it will be in my local currency and the Pound is likely to be super volatile this year, I earn in dollars so would need to convert to sterling to buy them whereas I might lose a significant amount were the pound to crash further depending on how the markets view our ongoing negotiations (please this is not intended to descend into a Brexit thread)
I was worried about this as well - not in the sense of GBP but rather because I am denominated in ZAR. As you can imagine things are super volatile here. I made the decision based on the fact that if the rand loses value further - premium travel will become more expensive relative to my currency.

I guess to each his own, but looking back on the last week, do I have any regrets... absolutely not. would I try and book more flights if I knew where else I want to go in the next 24-30 months, absolutely! I long left the BA camp and Etihad for me is the right balance when comparing it to QR and EK.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Newbie here. just a question if this is valid:
1. I want to use the travel voucher and to book First CDG-ICN before 30 June for travel on 29 Nov 2020.
2. Then I plan to cancel the trip to get Etihad Credit (I will have additional US$400 apparently).
3. Then use to the Etihad credit to book same itinerary for travel on 31 Oct 2021
4. Finally, rebook the ticket (as First I am allowed to rebook with no change fee) to my intended date of Aug 2022.

Last edited by scrappydog; Jun 20, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by tommy123
After receiving a reply from Etihad guest the usual start . As one of our most valued guests , the same terms and conditions appeared....so I called direct
, and asked them to clarify a few queries I had ....Firstly , is the voucher only valid for one trip . Secondly , can you book deal or saver fares . Thirdly , can you upgrade .....ok I think I have the information some require ....ok , you can only make one deposit , which is valid for two years ...The voucher ...You are able to make numerous trips once the money is transfered to the travel bank account .for 2 years ....you can also book deal and saver fares in Y .....upgrades are only available in classic fares or above in Y ....saver fares in J upgrades to F are subject to approval ...whatever that means ...hope this helps ........conclusion .....i still think it's a good deal ...Etihad rep answered straight away and appear to understand and verify all my queries
I asked the Premium Twitter team similar questions, as tommy123 says often it depends on who you speak to as to what answer you get!!

Me: Hi Premium Team. Can I purchase more than 1 Travel Voucher during the 50% Promo period?
Also are there any restrictions on use - If I book Saver ticket and pay with Travel Voucher can I still upgrade with miles as I can if paid with credit card?

EY response:
All our guests can purchase the travel vouchers with a maximum value of $65,000. The credit will be applied as a form of cash, so bookings can be upgraded and the credit can also be used to pay for one.

Clear as mud!!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by JayCee1966
I asked the Premium Twitter team similar questions, as tommy123 says often it depends on who you speak to as to what answer you get!!

Me: Hi Premium Team. Can I purchase more than 1 Travel Voucher during the 50% Promo period?
Also are there any restrictions on use - If I book Saver ticket and pay with Travel Voucher can I still upgrade with miles as I can if paid with credit card?

EY response:
All our guests can purchase the travel vouchers with a maximum value of $65,000. The credit will be applied as a form of cash, so bookings can be upgraded and the credit can also be used to pay for one.

Clear as mud!!
The one I spoke to said it is exactly the same as paying cash and can book all travel classes etc with no difference

I wonder if we will see any devaluation or fare differences but am going to go for it I think
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
I've also held back waiting for other regulars to clarify a few things of concern .... .. I'm also now after reading the latest posts , going for it . I can't see then devaluing the programme , and Etihads fares on-line , are always as competitive as those bucket shops ( unless you want huge transit times ) ...Answering another readers question about currency fluctuation , I always fly LHR -BKK a very competitive route and prices in Y usually range from Ł450-Ł550 for deal and saver routes . Travel in reverse and the prices are roughly 28,000 - 35,000 Thai baht , Ł700- Ł880 a huge difference , as not many Thais will travel to the UK . The prices are set due to the competition at the departure airport ...Lufthansa / Austrian / Swiss are running a promotion at the moment to Bangkok from LHR ( dates vary ) ..Ł1680 in J , cheap ...With the Etihad voucher you can match that , or better still , fly Y there ( deal fare ) buy the extra legroom seat ( you will probably have the whole row ) to stretch out .... then pay Ł800 return in C ....my calculations come out at roughly Ł1200 ......but in reality it's only Ł800 because you have the travel bank voucher .... this is a deal not to be missed , I'm sure now
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:01 pm

With all info much clearer now I'm also going to take the plunge and buy big, I think it's an incredible deal if you're a regular EY flyer like myself.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:36 pm

I do urge all readers to buy heavily into this offer as Etihad are relying on that cash to pay the charge-back I have requested from my bank for a flight that Etihad cancelled and for which they only proposed a voucher replacement to be used at undisclosed future prices.

But would I ever buy anything from Etihad given the way they treated me and thousands of others? Not in this lifetime.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by DarrelT
I do urge all readers to buy heavily into this offer as Etihad are relying on that cash to pay the charge-back I have requested from my bank for a flight that Etihad cancelled and for which they only proposed a voucher replacement to be used at undisclosed future prices.

But would I ever buy anything from Etihad given the way they treated me and thousands of others? Not in this lifetime.
Maybe the worldwide crisis skipped the news in your place. If you're not going to buy from Etihad or anyone that behaved the same then you'll never leave home again. Enjoy.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:58 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Newbie here. just a question if this is valid:
1. I want to use the travel voucher and to book First CDG-ICN before 30 June for travel on 29 Nov 2020.
2. Then I plan to cancel the trip to get Etihad Credit (I will have additional US$400 apparently).
3. Then use to the Etihad credit to book same itinerary for travel on 31 Oct 2021
4. Finally, rebook the ticket (as First I am allowed to rebook with no change fee) to my intended date of Aug 2022.
You can give it a try but I am 100% positive you will not get the US400. You will get the 50% bonus however.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Maybe the worldwide crisis skipped the news in your place. If you're not going to buy from Etihad or anyone that behaved the same then you'll never leave home again. Enjoy.
I think you are wrong. Many airlines treated their customers much better than Etihad did and there are still plenty of decent ones left to choose from.
Even before the Covid crisis Etihad had a very low score on review sites whereas many other airlines had much higher scores, and still do.

Maybe you should ask yourself why they are making this offer at this time and for this duration and with the terms that come with it? It's simply because they are desperately short of cash and are not bothered how they raise it. It is not a long-term plan to attract and keep happy flyers, and this is a good example of where I think they have gone wrong.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:38 pm

Just tried and was told I had to buy in Dollars and would be converted to pounds to go in my travel bank, so my credit card would then charge me x% and a rubbish conversion

Is this the experience of others ?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:58 pm

Tried buying a voucher today, but can't get through on the phone, even the premium line...can't login to etihad guest either??

Guess I'll try tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.