Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

JU award booking cancellation using EY miles - question about refund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver

I had a flight SOF-BEG on JU that was booked on EY miles that were about to expire. The flight was eventually cancelled. I have yet to call in to rebook.

My question is: if I ask them to return the miles to my account, what will be the expiration date of the miles?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:00 pm

You'll likely get no miles back, just the taxes.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
You'll likely get no miles back, just the taxes.
I would expect the number of days of the miles to be what they would have been if you had cancelled yourself. eg - if the miles were to expire 10 days after the date of your flight, then you should get 10 days. Clearly with the Covid situation, you probably wont have the opportunity to book anything with such a short date.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:45 pm

Funny thing is... I had a VA award that was cancelled by the airline. Got my tax refund 2 weeks later... and 2 months later still no miles. They claim 45 days AFTER the cash refund. How ridiculous is this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Funny thing is... I had a VA award that was cancelled by the airline. Got my tax refund 2 weeks later... and 2 months later still no miles. They claim 45 days AFTER the cash refund. How ridiculous is this.
ok. I also have a bunch of awards on VA for later this year. Let's see what happens with that

I think I'll hold tight for now and not request either a refund or a rebook and drag it out a bit longer.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Taking forever

i cancelled two tickets on JU more than a month ago. I have emailed Etihad and filed a DOT complaint (since one hit the USA). Zero. Anyone have experience on getting refund of miles and taxes? I actually really want the miles because I would like to make another booking.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:02 pm

50 days today and still no miles back on cancelled VA award. I got the taxes within 2 weeks of cancellation (May 7th), miles are still missing. It's usually the opposite lol.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
i cancelled two tickets on JU more than a month ago. I have emailed Etihad and filed a DOT complaint (since one hit the USA). Zero. Anyone have experience on getting refund of miles and taxes? I actually really want the miles because I would like to make another booking.
I cancelled in late April for a Mid May trip. They said miles would be 10 biz days and CC refund was 40-45 biz days (ie two months). Everything came back around the back end of the quoted time frame
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:18 pm

Spent 70 minutes yesterday trying to reach Etihad Guest to no avail. I guess the call centre in Serbia is closed (considering the situation), most agents probably stood down and there are a few working from home...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.