Cost of Etihad flights!

Old May 21, 20, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, Krisflyer, Hilton Honors, Marriott
Cost of Etihad flights!

The cost of Etihad flights have gone up! 😳

I have been keeping an eye on flights in November and end of January/February and they have almost doubled overnight!
Cheapest Economy 790 and Business 3009 🥺😩
Old May 21, 20, 5:37 pm

I too have noticed the lack of any eye catching fares of late.
Old May 21, 20, 7:50 pm

Perhaps if we knew your routing we could offer an opinion. Maybe availability in lower groups has been removed temporarily?
Old May 21, 20, 8:01 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond, SQ, EK
Conversely I have seen decent pricing on some routes. These things can change very very frequently. Keep watching, there will be bargains before long, I suspect.
Old May 22, 20, 12:01 am
Original Poster

LHR to BKK return
Old May 22, 20, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Perhaps if we knew your routing we could offer an opinion. Maybe availability in lower groups has been removed temporarily?

LHR to BKK return
Old May 22, 20, 3:26 am

Programs: Ey
etihad seem to only be selling flexible tickets,ie only classic and flexible fares at the moment,these fares are/were always higher however given current situation i dont know how that would entice anyone to book with them
Old May 22, 20, 4:11 am

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
From what I see the entire Airline industry is in disarray and has no idea what to do next. The situation is constantly changing with fare increases, decreases, cutting schedules, increasing schedules, governments banning tourists, media saying its not safe to fly, airlines making announcements that they will be back to normal in 3 months. The picture is changing on a daily basis for all airlines.

I have recently had two flights cancelled and have nine more flights in the next 3 months which I expect to be cancelled. Historically, I book and plan well in advance. But now, I will wait until a week before I want to travel, before I book. I don't want to be in a position where I have airline/hotel credits which I might never be able to use.
Old May 22, 20, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Why would you expect airfares to drop?
Old May 22, 20, 9:03 am
THR

Given the whole world is working on a month by month basis, why do you really think you can forecast what is going to happen at end of year or early next year?

Take a look around you.
Old May 23, 20, 3:11 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I am not at all surprised I would be expecting the boffins to be working on their yield management equations and with all the forecasts pointing to reduced travel then this is not the best time to book. Once flights are back in the air and demand starts to pick up then I would be expecting to see lower prices but with all the talk of retiring the 380 and perhaps reduced frequencies on routes then who knows

Search this Thread
Search Engine: