FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Etihad - Businessclass - Covidmanagement-Rebooking? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/2017953-etihad-businessclass-covidmanagement-rebooking.html)

Knuthansen May 18, 2020 8:36 am

Etihad - Businessclass - Covidmanagement-Rebooking?

Hello to all,

my Name is Knut from Hamburg and Im not a frequent Traveller. I just register here because I have a Businessclassflight with Etihad in July and Im not happy with Etihad.
My flight is on 03.July with Etihad from Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi - Manila and back from Bangkok - Abu Dhabi - Frankfurt. I just called the Callcenter and asked what options I have. They said I could change the date of the flights but I need to pay a "fare difference" Otherwise I need to take the flight in July or the Money is gone. But seriously, in this Situation I dont want to be in SE Asia. Thats all they could do for me.

I think even if they are flying, I cant entry these countrys...

Any suggestions? :(

Gavin Moule May 18, 2020 10:47 am

you can apply for credit on the website and use it for a future flight,not sure if you can apply for a refund however refunds will take a lot longer and u may have to pay a few,look on the etihad website and it will guide u on your options

Knuthansen May 18, 2020 11:39 am

Yea I have read the homepage but they didn't say that as an option at the Hotline. Is the credit thing a save story?

ft101 May 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Knuthansen (Post 32385641)
Yea I have read the homepage but they didn't say that as an option at the Hotline. Is the credit thing a save story?

Yes, but there are some conditions. See more info here:

https://www.etihad.com/content/dam/e...April-2020.pdf

eddibabyyeah May 19, 2020 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Knuthansen (Post 32385163)
Hello to all,

my Name is Knut from Hamburg and Im not a frequent Traveller. I just register here because I have a Businessclassflight with Etihad in July and Im not happy with Etihad.
My flight is on 03.July with Etihad from Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi - Manila and back from Bangkok - Abu Dhabi - Frankfurt. I just called the Callcenter and asked what options I have. They said I could change the date of the flights but I need to pay a "fare difference" Otherwise I need to take the flight in July or the Money is gone. But seriously, in this Situation I dont want to be in SE Asia. Thats all they could do for me.

I think even if they are flying, I cant entry these countrys...

Any suggestions? :(

Wait. It is highly unlikely that these flights will operate. That means EY will cancel and as you are starting in the EU, you will get a FULL refund (EU law).. Also. if the destination country is not allowing people to enter, then EY will cancel, as they won't operate a empty flight. And they will be responsible if they take passengers to a country where can't enter.

Don't take the credit yet. Wait until they cancel the flight, otherwise you will be stuck with credit and cash refund is always better.

I am in a similar situation. I have a business class trip at the end of July MAN-AUH-BKK and back. I will do nothing until nearer the time, as I have noticed Thailand has extended the ban on foreign visitors another month (now end of June). Even if Thailand does open up to tourism in July, it will most likely visitors from the far east only

seantheman May 19, 2020 8:12 am

If the itinerary starts in the EU, but they cancelled just one flight in the itinerary not in the EU, in the OPs case lets's say BKK-AUH was cancelled before he started the itinerary...Are you still entitled to a full refund?

ZacZolar May 19, 2020 12:40 pm

You are no doubt aware that foreign nationals are currently prohibited from entering the Philippines. There has been no indication when this will be eased or lifted.

Zac.

Knuthansen May 19, 2020 10:58 pm

How many days in advance do they cancel there flights?

ZacZolar May 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Knuthansen (Post 32389301)

EY have not stopped flying between between AUH > MNL they have however reduced the frequency of these flights during this crisis. I assume these are for Filipino overseas workers.

I did recieve an eMail the other day to say that EY have or are going to shortly reboot some flights from some select Europe cities > AUH.

You may wish to check the status of your booking as there is a possibility it may not be cancelled. But if the ban on overseas nationals entering the Philippines remains by your travel date you still may not be able to fly.

Zac.

eddibabyyeah May 20, 2020 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Knuthansen (Post 32389301)

They will cancel 14 days or more in advance. Anything less they will have to pay compensation as well as a full refund as part of EU261.

Just wait. If they don't cancel, you may have no choice but to accept credit. In my honest opinion, they will cancel. The Covid situation in UAE is still on the increase with more daily cases being reported. I can't imagine the government allowing millions of people passing through AUH until the worldwide situation has calmed down significantly.