Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

NO refund on 2 unused Buis class due to passengers death

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

We have 2 unused returns on Etihad business class JFKDEL because my husband passed away in Delhi. Despite multiple email and phone calls, with submission of government docs including the death certificate, Etihad has been completely unresponsive since the claim date of November 20th. They say they are sending an email confirmation and processing the refund, but nothing ever happens.Can someone suggest how to get through to a responsible human being at Etihad. Compare this to American which issued a refund in 10 minutes with just the name of the cremation place.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by yogadiet
We have 2 unused returns on Etihad business class JFKDEL because my husband passed away in Delhi. Despite multiple email and phone calls, with submission of government docs including the death certificate, Etihad has been completely unresponsive since the claim date of November 20th. They say they are sending an email confirmation and processing the refund, but nothing ever happens.Can someone suggest how to get through to a responsible human being at Etihad. Compare this to American which issued a refund in 10 minutes with just the name of the cremation place.
Sad for your loss and is not good service from EY. Hopefully they will resolve your issue soon.

In the past when I have had problems with EY customer service, I found a few comments and posts to their facebook page helped get someones ear.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
An email to their CEO should work
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by yogadiet
Did you pay by credit card? If so, it may be worth doing a chargeback via the CC company. Quote the Eithad T&Cs where it states that you can get a refund in the event of a death.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
A well written letter to someone in authority may help.

https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...tihad-airways/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.