Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

How to get a pork hedgehog served on an Etihad First Class flight

How to get a pork hedgehog served on an Etihad First Class flight

Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I had heard of Mettwurst, but the hedgehog dish is a new one on me.
apparently it’s a 70s thing
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by nancypants
apparently it’s a 70s thing
I found it, using the German word Igel (hedgehog).
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

You will even find (photoshopped) chocolate with ground pork flavor ;-)
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:59 am

One of the more interesting threads on FT in a while. I shall be following it closely. Interested to see the outcome
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: QF WP
Yes we definitely need a trip report for this, HeinzSchmolke no pressure or anything
moondog and The_Bouncer like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Trip report with some photos will come, I promise.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes we definitely need a trip report for this, HeinzSchmolke no pressure or anything
+1 HeinzSchmolke While your ideas might come off as insane to many, I'm extremely impressed by your envelop pushing; take this as a compliment because I've been on FT for 19 years now, and very few things intrigue me. Assuming you actually proceed with your plans, please make high quality videos/photos that don't include anything related to pork; Visit Abu Dhabi is in dire need of fresh marketing fodder (e.g. the camel thing doesn't really work these days), and I love the "Waldo costumes at famous sites" concept! I will send you a private message to discuss more.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by HeinzSchmolke
Thanks for your feedback and your opinion.

I think I will buy me a portable USB fridge, prepare two bread rolls with ground pork and onions at home and eat them in a moment where we don't attract anyones attention during the flight.
incredible
nancypants and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
closest thing I can think of to the raw pork thing that would be halal is something like steak tartare but I can’t imagine that being served on a plane or in a lounge either.
LX had steak tartare on the menu in their F lounge in ZRH when I flew them to LAX a couple of years ago. Not a frequent LX flyer so not sure if it’s still on the menu now though.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
If a pork hedgehog is haram (not permitted) what about a hedgehog pig? (I'm not sure what the word for hedgehog meat is and I'm not sure I want to know.)
mr_botak likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:36 am

Wait, in the midst of all of the insanity, I nearly missed that it seems as though USB can deliver enough juice to power a mini fridge?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
+1 HeinzSchmolke While your ideas might come off as insane to many, I'm extremely impressed by your envelop pushing; take this as a compliment because I've been on FT for 19 years now, and very few things intrigue me. Assuming you actually proceed with your plans, please make high quality videos/photos that don't include anything related to pork; Visit Abu Dhabi is in dire need of fresh marketing fodder (e.g. the camel thing doesn't really work these days), and I love the "Waldo costumes at famous sites" concept! I will send you a private message to discuss more.
Thanks for your positive feedback.

It’s seems that it’s part of my genes to think solution-oriented (how to get the problem solved at least as close as possible) instead of granting the problems (what‘s not allowed, what might be difficult, ...) to waste too much of my time and definitely not capitulate as soon as the first barrier seems to be unbreachable. There is always a creative way how to work around.

I will definitely make some pics as we need to send them to the ones back in Cologne to show that we are celebrating with them.
Originally Posted by mr_botak
Wait, in the midst of all of the insanity, I nearly missed that it seems as though USB can deliver enough juice to power a mini fridge?
Fridge is any bigger than to put a Coke in, see following Amazon
link link
. Will test it upfront :-)
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:54 pm

I have a question, is this your first time in first class? I just wonder about your expectations

closest thing I can think of to the raw pork thing that would be halal is something like steak tartare but I can’t imagine that being served on a plane or in a lounge either. Perhaps someone can help with a decent French restaurant at one of your layover points? I assume they would be able to shape it roughly into a hog shape
Actually, I can imagine Etihad arranging steak tartare, if requested ahead of time by a first class pax. Worth a try... but no replacement for raw ground pork, I guess.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:56 pm

You will even find (photoshopped) chocolate with ground pork flavor ;-)
(shudder)
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:58 pm

[...]but for sure I will bring a Kölsch (beer) with me from duty free :-)
While Etihad is not a dry airline, consuming self-provisioned alcohol on board will get you in trouble on most airlines, including Etihad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.