Wiki Posts
Search

F cabin to the Far East

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
F cabin to the Far East

Nowadays with frequent changes to equipment in EY time table, I wonder what destinations in the Far East does EY operate First cabin?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:22 am

Only SIN, as far as I'm aware.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
SIN, ICN...
Very few F destinations, seems like EY is probably going to kill off F as they couldn't even send it to NRT (the most premium asian destination).
I would never book F from the western European gateways only to end up in J on more than half the journey.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:33 am

Ah, completely forgot about ICN (and it's my home city as well)

If I was to guess, I'd imagine that paid F demand out of Tokyo will naturally gravitate towards JL and NH - it's mostly corporate travel as far as I know, who would not put up with a stop in the Middle East, unless it's EK where you can get a 1-stop connection to a lot of places where you would also otherwise have to connect in a major European hub anyway.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

EY really can't fill their F with paying guests the same way EK does because it a non-existent product on most routes
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
There were plenty of 789 with F cabin. Where are they flying nowadays?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:23 pm

I booked ey jnb/auh/iad/ The iad segment is in F on a 789. If I remember correctly that service was originally a 389.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Emirates sells F well because they are committed to it but EY are not. So its dead in the water except some routes that will always have F demand (LHR for example). Shame. I would definitely have still flown EY () if they had better F options to SE Asia. Another fail...:-:
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I booked ey jnb/auh/iad/ The iad segment is in F on a 789. If I remember correctly that service was originally a 389.
Pretty sure JFK had been their only 380 route to the US for a long time. (Range issues, maybe?)
IAD runs 789 while ORD and LAX run 777.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by stalker
Pretty sure JFK had been their only 380 route to the US for a long time. (Range issues, maybe?)
IAD runs 789 while ORD and LAX run 777.
Not range issues but there's just a lack of demand and EY don't have too many 380s

Originally Posted by NoY
Emirates sells F well because they are committed to it but EY are not. So its dead in the water except some routes that will always have F demand (LHR for example). Shame. I would definitely have still flown EY () if they had better F options to SE Asia. Another fail...:-:
I know that you fly to HKT, are EY still sending decrepit old birds there with first gen seats?
Did a mileage run last year and seemed like a letdown to most travellers, esp those whod experienced business studio. F booking wouldn't be an option to BKK from Europe, so EY would probaby still struggle with F to an extent on the European routes.

F was non-existant for me 90% of the time for obvious reasons (a320) when I used to fly EY. Now with EK, I get F to MAA every once in a while and I'm still in awe with it, especially the newer aircraft.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:25 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
Not range issues but there's just a lack of demand and EY don't have too many 380s

I know that you fly to HKT, are EY still sending decrepit old birds there with first gen seats?
Did a mileage run last year and seemed like a letdown to most travellers, esp those whod experienced business studio. F booking wouldn't be an option to BKK from Europe, so EY would probaby still struggle with F to an extent on the European routes.

F was non-existant for me 90% of the time for obvious reasons (a320) when I used to fly EY. Now with EK, I get F to MAA every once in a while and I'm still in awe with it, especially the newer aircraft.
They do send a Dreamliner (Y & J only) to HKT these days with Business Studio, it seems. Indeed Mrs NoY is on the flight tomorrow in J to meet me here in HKT. Sometimes its a knackered A330/B777 with "classic" J flat seats. Not so good.

I flew CX J via HKG, which suits me just fine (as I have no time restrictions or the need to work) & it allows maintenance of One World Emerald too.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by NoY
They do send a Dreamliner (Y & J only) to HKT these days with Business Studio, it seems. Indeed Mrs NoY is on the flight tomorrow in J to meet me here in HKT. Sometimes its a knackered A330/B777 with "classic" J flat seats. Not so good.

I flew CX J via HKG, which suits me just fine (as I have no time restrictions or the need to work) & it allows maintenance of One World Emerald too.
^
MAA still gets the A320 and the daytime (2PM) frequency is gone, leaving only the redeye (2AM).
Now that I'm based in CBG, I take the STN-DXB flight quite often, buying J and using Skywards miles to upgrade to F (I must say, the most useful use of them).
While the new F is amazing, the new J is also better then it may seem on paper - with extremely comfortable seats, akin to a new S class or a Flying Spur. I'm not sure if these are going to HKT however.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
On a recent trip to BKK the 777-300 was replaced with a 787 which had first . Last year a 777 was replaced with an old 330 which also had first , no seats were selling as first though . On both occasions this was on the late evening flight out of AUH . I think Etihad look at the load factor for the outward and return leg on both the late morning and last evening flight and put the most suitable aircraft to use , which surprisingly ( for Etihad ) makes sense
NoY and EYrevanchist like this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:23 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
^
MAA still gets the A320 and the daytime (2PM) frequency is gone, leaving only the redeye (2AM).
Now that I'm based in CBG, I take the STN-DXB flight quite often, buying J and using Skywards miles to upgrade to F (I must say, the most useful use of them).
While the new F is amazing, the new J is also better then it may seem on paper - with extremely comfortable seats, akin to a new S class or a Flying Spur. I'm not sure if these are going to HKT however.
EK's B777 with laughable 2-3-2 or 2-2-2 in J will NEVER get my business, even if they have luxury seat coverings. Lipstick on a pig, I'm afraid YMMV, naturally!
EYrevanchist and reigndrop like this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
EK's B777 with laughable 2-3-2 or 2-2-2 in J will NEVER get my business, even if they have luxury seat coverings. Lipstick on a pig, I'm afraid YMMV, naturally!
I think that EK has a different approach, with differentiated F and J. I'd go so far as to say that the majority of the worlds paid F ia on EK. What Qatar, Oman Air and to a slighly lesser extent Etihad believe in is not investing in F, as is evident by the lack of the same on most routes. Does EK offer a chauffeur at HKT? I've had one at BKK before, a very nice S Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.