Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Possible to add AUH stopover to already booked JFK-SIN (via AUH) AA award flight?

Possible to add AUH stopover to already booked JFK-SIN (via AUH) AA award flight?

Old Aug 17, 19, 9:04 am
pmv
Original Poster

Original travel plans all awry due to Hong Kong unrest. Trying to turn SIN/HKG trip into AUH/SIN trip. Booked Etihad First Apartment with AA miles. Before I ping AA does anyone know if I can actually change a reservation to add in a stopover in AUH?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
As far as I know, American AIrlines does not allow stopovers on award flights.
Old Aug 18, 19, 1:41 am
THR

Yep. Canít add a stopover. Would have to be two awards.
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:12 pm

You can't add a stopover by its formal definition (a stay greater than 24 hours), however AA does not require you to book the shortest available connection and any connection under 24 hours is not considered a stopover, so you do have options. For example, in December I'm arriving around 6am from SYD. I could have a 3 hour layover until my onward flight to Paris, but instead I had them book me on a 2am departure the next day, making it a 20 hour layover -- plenty of time to see the city during the day and even get a few hours of sleep at a cheap hotel if I want. I'd call it a poor man's stopover but we're talking about Apartment F seats here so that term feels less than apt.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: