AirSerbia empty Business Class

Old Aug 13, 19, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Silver, Marriot Silver Elite
AirSerbia empty Business Class

I am traveling with Air Serbia in 3 days from Dubrovnik (DBV) to Belgrade (BEG) and then onward to Ljubljana (LJU). I am looking at the cabin and J class is having 3 rows (1-3). By ExpertFlyer there is 0 Business Class seats taken. Will AirSerbia reduce the size of cabin if they canít fill up the Business Class? I would like to be seated in the front of the plane, can I get rows 1-3 at the check-in in case they fly with empty Business Class?
Old Aug 13, 19, 6:42 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
They charge for seat selection, so unlikely they would give it just like that. But if they sell more economy class ticket then they will open it up but again, unless you have EY status, not sure they would give it to you just like that. I recently flew BEG-BRU and first three rows were empty.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Silver, Marriot Silver Elite
They changed aircraft from A319 to B737-300 and I managed to got 1 row. I guess they will be operating the flight without Business Class.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:00 am

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
Originally Posted by DC10 View Post
They changed aircraft from A319 to B737-300 and I managed to got 1 row. I guess they will be operating the flight without Business Class.
No wonder. Air Serbia still utilizes 1986-built Boeing 737-300 which they actually own. These old birds were intended for charter services only after 2013 (and company rebranding). However to this day they keep utilizing them for scheduled services or even service upgrade (from ATR-72) almost every day. Some of these planes still have the original Recaro seats from 1986 while some have second-hand Lufthansa leather ones (placed in 2012).
So because these planes are usually for charters, I suppose no one bothers placing the curtain to divide classes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: