Originally Posted by EYrevanchist View Post
Anyone actually fly EY Y on this board?
Not if I can help it
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:34 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist View Post
Anyone actually fly EY Y on this board?
Unfortunately I do , and I'm in-between trips now . I can't reserve any seats for my return leg , unless I pay the normal price . I've also got another flight booked in November, I can't reserve any seats on that either and I've been gold for 10+ years now ....I upgraded ( paid for using the bidding system ) from AUH - BKK , 315 the minimum bid accepted ....As per usual no miles credited to my account for the first LHR -AUH leg or the second , and to make things worse , the ticket was booked when Etihad were running a treble miles promotion .....I do find it so frustrating having to send emails to Etihad , trying to get my miles , and sometimes think it's pointless even bidding for an upgrade , knowing I face the same problems every time
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:39 am

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tommy123 View Post
Unfortunately I do , and I'm in-between trips now . I can't reserve any seats for my return leg , unless I pay the normal price . I've also got another flight booked in November, I can't reserve any seats on that either and I've been gold for 10+ years now .......
So, are you saying that as Gold you cannot get the free seat benefit? Or, is it just an IT issue? Did you give the call-centre a call?
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah View Post
So, are you saying that as Gold you cannot get the free seat benefit? Or, is it just an IT issue? Did you give the call-centre a call?
Can't get the free seat , not bothering to go through the call centre for the return leg , as on previous thread's , I've worked out my own way of getting my preferred seat , and I've told others in private emails the same .... But for the November flight ,I thought I would like to have something concrete first ... I think as usual it's the Etihad computer system , they promote these things , but more often then not ( always in my case ) several emails have to be written . It's hard enough to get the system to post correct miles ( usually no miles ) , so how is it supposed to know if someone's platinum , gold or silver and how much discount to give appropriately
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:48 am

Just to add , thinking alone here , one option could be to add a separate box on the booking page , which allows you to put your status in , platinum , gold , silver or guest , then if the correct computer programming was done , the system should automatically adjust the seat reserving page accordingly with the discounts priced in . Obviously this would have to manually checked after ( amazingly everyone would be platinum of course ) , but surely just having one person dealing with this topic , would save a hell of a lot of time constantly calling the call centre to reserve seats
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 1:45 pm

Can't get the free seat , not bothering to go through the call centre for the return leg , as on previous thread's , I've worked out my own way of getting my preferred seat , and I've told others in private emails the same .... But for the November flight ,I thought I would like to have something concrete first ... I think as usual it's the Etihad computer system , they promote these things , but more often then not ( always in my case ) several emails have to be written . It's hard enough to get the system to post correct miles ( usually no miles ) , so how is it supposed to know if someone's platinum , gold or silver and how much discount to give appropriately

you can get your free complimentary seat online by yourself, and Discount for eco space seats
Old Sep 16, 19, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Ianis View Post

you can get your free complimentary seat online by yourself, and Discount for eco space seats
Was this on a new booking ?
Old Sep 17, 19, 10:16 am

Was this on a new booking ?
i booked that flight past february
Old Sep 17, 19, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Ianis View Post
i booked that flight past february
Ok , got it now Lanis , thank you .....just a note for other readers , you can't apply the seat selection on the app . You must go to the Etihad web page ,and bring up your booking , then it will reveal your status and only then can you get complementary seats
Old Sep 21, 19, 1:52 pm

I'm flying Business on the 777 from ORD to AUH, and would prefer a window seat (closest to the window) versus a window seat (closest to the aisle). The reservation agent indicated that the even number rows have solo seats closest to the windows, but SeatGuru is showing otherwise, as is SeatExpert. Any advice would be appreciated.

Search this Thread