Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B773 or A380 in J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
B773 or A380 in J

Traveling ORD-AUH-CMB in J on an AA Award. Have selected one of the window seats on the B773. Just looked at AA Award Availability and it appears that there is J Award Space on EY100 on the A380 - but all that are left are aisle seats (both on the side and center blocks of seats). Would love to fly the A380 again and experience the JFK Lounge + visit the new TWA Hotel. Is the Business Studio product worth changing from the nonstop ORD-AUH flight to the ORD(AA)-JFK(EY)-AUH flight?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes and from the aisle seat in the 2 section you still have windows to see out of.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Yes and from the aisle seat in the 2 section you still have windows to see out of.
Great - thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Onboard EY100 in J at the moment. Soft product has been great. Meals have been very good (the short rib was incredibly tender and very tasty!). The seat, however, is a completely different story. The Business Studio Seat is rock hard, no padding and undoubtedly one of the most uncomfortable long haul business class seats I have ever flown on. I would seriously consider the new AA "Oasis" first class seats over this one. Yes, it's pretty and yes, it goes fully flat but it is just so uncomfortable. Maybe that worn B773 out of O'Hare would have been the less stylish but more comfortable seat. Outside of a few aesthetic bells & whistles, I can't imagine it would be less comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.