Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Can arrive super-early to AUH (and use F lounge)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

I have an upcoming flight in F from AUH->JFK leaving at 9:35am. How early can I arrive? I'm considering as early as 10pm the previous evening, or perhaps 12am-1am on the same day of the flight.

Also, can I access the F lounge that early? I figure I might just eat dinner there, then sleep (ideally I can snatch one of the private rooms for $100), before waking up for breakfast (and perhaps for a workout in the in-lounge gym )
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:02 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Ummm, why on Earth would you want to spend that much time in the lounge? To save on accommodation?

There is little to no chance they would let you have a Residence Lounge for 11 hours. You realise there are only couches and no beds in those rooms?
TheFlyingBrick likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Ummm, why on Earth would you want to spend that much time in the lounge? To save on accommodation?
Since the flight is at 9:35 am and to the US (having to go through immigration preclearance so have to leave lounge eary), I'd have to get to the airport maybe at 4:30-5am to enjoy the lounge the way I'd want to. I'd prefer to just go to the lounge very early, eat dinner there, take a nap (ideally in one of those VIP rooms), and then enjoy the lounge a little more in the morning instead of paying for a hotel just for a few hrs and struggle to get to the airport really early.

There is little to no chance they would let you have a Residence Lounge for 11 hours. You realise there are only couches and no beds in those rooms?
I don't really need it for 11 hours. Just 4 hours would be more than enough for a nap (and couches would be more than enough for that )

Does anyone know if they'd let me into the airport and the F lounge though?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SEA737

Since the flight is at 9:35 am and to the US (having to go through immigration preclearance so have to leave lounge eary), I'd have to get to the airport maybe at 4:30-5am to enjoy the lounge the way I'd want to. I'd prefer to just go to the lounge very early, eat dinner there, take a nap (ideally in one of those VIP rooms), and then enjoy the lounge a little more in the morning instead of paying for a hotel just for a few hrs and struggle to get to the airport really early.

I don't really need it for 11 hours. Just 4 hours would be more than enough for a nap (and couches would be more than enough for that )

Does anyone know if they'd let me into the airport and the F lounge though?
I don't ever remember hearing about a 3 hour cap or something like that at AUH. I imagine it's doable, certainly after 12AM, but please update us!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've gone to the lounge very early before on several occasions i.e. when friends are flying out the same day, but depart at 2200 vs. me leaving at 0230. I've gone and checked in and headed straight to the lounge to have dinner with them to guest them in, or just to go get a workout done early on before dinner and the flight.

I do know that sometimes the gates in the Y checkin lines won't let you through if it's too early but that should not be a concern here.

It's boring as hell in there. No places to work effectively or privately. Food is a bit mhhh these days and the drinks selection is woeful.

This is what those clever people in guest experience think that we want... and apparently are also prepared to pay for it!
Travelix likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BA, SPG

Last December, I got the Residence Lounge for 8 hours, no issue, well worth id for 100, not the full Residence experience no butler, but soooooo private.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:27 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BrianLeahy
Last December, I got the Residence Lounge for 8 hours, no issue, well worth id for 100, not the full Residence experience no butler, but soooooo private.
We clearly have different ideas on how to spend our time.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BA, SPG

We clearly have different ideas on how to spend our time.
And is it not wonderful, thankfully we can all agree to spend our own time as we wish, even when travelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.