Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention Economy Class Pax!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by ft101
They know they won't fill them, but if they don't use the slots they lose them. They are just buying time to sell them.
Surely leasing would be a better option , I know Thai frequently lease one of their slots during the quiet summer months ......I had better book one of those treble milage flights before the deadline on the 9th June and as an added enhancement I can pick my own row
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
wow! That certainly is some puff piece!!
Yes, I love how they say the meals are bigger but when you see them next to the cutlery or cup you realise is looks smaller than before!

I wonder if that's that's Etihad's end game, make the Y meals smaller so they can get extra revenue selling the junk food mid flight. Amazing how they've taken this retrograde step when the better airlines are incorporating snack ordering via the IFE.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I lost my appetite to fly EY
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Slightly off topic , thank you to those ( 42 people so far ) who private messaged me , regarding a few tricks I know , the response has been immense , quite astounding..... . I'm trying to answer every person individually , route by route , but this takes time , I'm only a one individual trying very hard to help other frustrated Etihad customer's enhance their journey ......A special welcome to Etihad jobsworths who've tried to gain my inside knowledge of what a failing airline Etihad has become .....To all of you , my only comment is , .GET STUFFED
Reds2011 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Saw some comments on that youtube review bashing Etihads new meal scheme from people I suspect are Etihad staff (possibly cabin crew) pointing out that Etihads duty is to take passengers safely from one point to another, not to serve good food...…..
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Saw some comments on that youtube review bashing Etihads new meal scheme from people I suspect are Etihad staff (possibly cabin crew) pointing out that Etihads duty is to take passengers safely from one point to another, not to serve good food...…..
Wow. What attitude if true. Sure, ANY airline's duty is to get you from A to B safely, so with that as a baseline what else are you going to do to entice me with to spend my money with you? Tiny meals vs Full Service? Know where I'd spend my money.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by dddc
Wow. What attitude if true. Sure, ANY airline's duty is to get you from A to B safely, so with that as a baseline what else are you going to do to entice me with to spend my money with you? Tiny meals vs Full Service? Know where I'd spend my money.
Indeed and fortunately most airlines have good safety records and get their passengers safely from A to B. However they are in competition and therefore considerations like the food and drink, seat pitch, in flight entertainment, customer service and so on are important drivers of choice (along of course times and cost)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: etihad Platinum, Marriott Gold
Exclamation The new EY economy in Single Isle

Yes, all single isle are being retrofitted with fixed back seats (no recline), no screen back and no drop down monitors. I flew them 2 weeks ago AUH-CAI and have to say the new seats are most uncomfortable terrible for the 3,5 Hour flight. Seats are OK for ULCC but not EY, shame for selecting these seats.
It was clear the cabin crew were not happy for doing the manual safety demonstration, more so they stood motionless when the safety briefing was made in Arabic. This maybe a safety violation and that specific crew may need to be investigated. Manual Safety briefings by the cabin crew should not be optional regardless of the language.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ShShok
Yes, all single isle are being retrofitted with fixed back seats (no recline), no screen back and no drop down monitors. I flew them 2 weeks ago AUH-CAI and have to say the new seats are most uncomfortable terrible for the 3,5 Hour flight. Seats are OK for ULCC but not EY, shame for selecting these seats.
It was clear the cabin crew were not happy for doing the manual safety demonstration, more so they stood motionless when the safety briefing was made in Arabic. This maybe a safety violation and that specific crew may need to be investigated. Manual Safety briefings by the cabin crew should not be optional regardless of the language.
wait, what, no recline?!?!?!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by kelix
wait, what, no recline?!?!?!
same leg room or less?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by ShShok
... more so they stood motionless when the safety briefing was made in Arabic. ...
How can they demonstrate if they don’t understand the language?
Unionruler likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421653

The title of this Airliners thread is ***SHOCKING CATERING***

Oooops... it really looks shocking...
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
Surprisingly satisfying

I just wanted to share my recent experience flying in Y on EY101 (AUH-JFK), EY100 (JFK-AUH) and EY406 (AUH-BKK): admittedly it was my first time flying economy with Etihad and in all honesty, I was more than apprehensive given what I had read online in advance of my flights. And yet, while I found the oddly-shaped plastic tray and plastic cutlery a little chintzy, I thought the quality and portion size of the meals were more than satisfying, if a bit carb-heavy. Service by the FA were attentive with regular water runs throughout the flights. I say this without any knowledge of the offerings prior to implementing this new dining concept (ignorance really is bliss, I guess), but I was more than satisfied with my experience and wouldn't hesitate to fly them again in economy. By the way, I didn't notice anyone purchasing from the "sweet or salty" retail menus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.