AUH Midfield Terminal Opening

Old Feb 10, 20, 11:54 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post
Some news on the MFT - training of 17,000 staff to start, if true maybe looking good for 2020 opening...
https://gulfnews.com/business/aviati...nal-1.69596508

The best barmen in the F lounge have shifted to other roles with a view that they'll need so many more of them in the White coats in the coming months, they've been told specifically August

When I see it with my own eyes.....
The F lounge has got to be nuts exceptional for the wait

The weird and wonderful weather recently doesn't surprise me that there has been flooding considering sliding doors were sucked out of hotel entrances !
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
I've heard that a soft opening is being planned ahead of the Expo 2020 dates.
Old Feb 18, 20, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by SinkOrSwim View Post
I've heard that a soft opening is being planned ahead of the Expo 2020 dates.
I am sure it will be an unmitigated success...
Old Feb 19, 20, 5:56 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by blue2002 View Post
I am sure it will be an unmitigated success...

reminds me of Thaksin Shinawatra the prime minister of Thailand opening Suvarnabhumi Airport long before the first planes could land so he could claim the airport had been built to schedule
Old Feb 19, 20, 10:13 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
reminds me of Thaksin Shinawatra the prime minister of Thailand opening Suvarnabhumi Airport long before the first planes could land so he could claim the airport had been built to schedule
Yes , and it was built on paddy fields and swamps .....12 years later , there are still issues with the 2 runways , continually being patched up , due to sinkage and cracks
Old Yesterday, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by tommy123 View Post
Yes , and it was built on paddy fields and swamps .....12 years later , there are still issues with the 2 runways , continually being patched up , due to sinkage and cracks

lets not forget that it was meant to replace the old airport at Don Muang but could not cope with the trafic and Don Muang remains a thriving airport
Old Yesterday, 5:32 am

Programs: WY Gold, EK Gold, EY Silver
In other news, EY now operates one of the daily frequencies to MAA on a 789
Old Yesterday, 5:35 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Spoke to one of the Concierges on Thursday whilst waiting for my delayed MAN flight and they said the new MFT EY lounge will be a 3 floor affair with 2 lower floors for Business and the top floor for First and Residence. Also let slip that they are hoping for direct gate access from 1st lounge to A380 flights. No specifics like how Pre-Clearance works for the NY flight!!

We wait and see...

Originally Posted by Dogmatick View Post
The best barmen in the F lounge have shifted to other roles with a view that they'll need so many more of them in the White coats in the coming months, they've been told specifically August

When I see it with my own eyes.....
The F lounge has got to be nuts exceptional for the wait

The weird and wonderful weather recently doesn't surprise me that there has been flooding considering sliding doors were sucked out of hotel entrances !
Old Yesterday, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by JayCee1966 View Post
Spoke to one of the Concierges on Thursday whilst waiting for my delayed MAN flight and they said the new MFT EY lounge will be a 3 floor affair with 2 lower floors for Business and the top floor for First and Residence. Also let slip that they are hoping for direct gate access from 1st lounge to A380 flights. No specifics like how Pre-Clearance works for the NY flight!!

We wait and see...
So clearly they have not learnt from Dubai with direct boarding from the lounge for both business and first

Search this Thread
Search Engine: