AUH Midfield Terminal Opening

Old Jul 22, 19, 8:08 pm

bobnchi the link doesn't work. Can you repost the link?
Old Jul 22, 19, 8:37 pm

https://www.constructionweekonline.c...rminal-complex
Old Jul 23, 19, 3:59 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by jmj9905 View Post
bobnchi the link doesn't work. Can you repost the link?
perhaps the link was posted by the same people building the terminal just a slight delay before it works!!
Old Jul 23, 19, 5:47 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
It works ok for me. Here it is with a shortened url.

https://tinyurl.com/y5b3lz4r
Old Jul 23, 19, 4:14 pm

Thanks 747boy and bobnchi I got it. The article still doesn't indicate an opening date,
Old Aug 18, 19, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
AUH new mid-field terminal

Can't seem to locate any threads on this subject, so starting this one. (If I missed one on my search, Mod please merge this one with it.)

Any news on the opening? Last I could find is 4th Q of this year...after many previous opening dates. (Only Berlin seems to be less certain...IST2 was slightly delayed and so far both PEK2 and PEK3 have met their opening dates, or in the case of PEK3 will soon do so.)

I've just booked EY for mid-February so unsure which terminal will be in use...and curious about facilities in the new EY lounges, particularly the First one as I've got an Apartment flight departing.
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:31 pm

Any ideas on Lounges - Midfield Terminal AUH Abu Dhabi

Hi, maybe a question too early to ask as the Midfield Terminal is due to open at the end of this year, hopefully soon and when?

I note through searching testing of the terminal funtions commenced in June.

Has anyone discovered the answer to the question above, and secondly does anyone have any info what business class / premium lounges will be located in the new terminal, obviously Eitiad is a given but any info on the other potential lounges, and when might they open.

I'm an Airfrance KLM business flyer normally.

Sorry if there is too many questions, but I'm guessing I'm not alone in wondering.

Last edited by Giantlonglegs; Aug 18, 19 at 7:32 pm
Old Aug 19, 19, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Giantlonglegs View Post
Hi, maybe a question too early to ask as the Midfield Terminal is due to open at the end of this year, hopefully soon and when?

I note through searching testing of the terminal funtions commenced in June.

Has anyone discovered the answer to the question above, and secondly does anyone have any info what business class / premium lounges will be located in the new terminal, obviously Eitiad is a given but any info on the other potential lounges, and when might they open.

I'm an Airfrance KLM business flyer normally.

Sorry if there is too many questions, but I'm guessing I'm not alone in wondering.
I imagine most people are simply wondering when the new terminal will really be open for business based on their experiences with Etihad and the airport after all just because the terminal is "open" that might not mean the lounges are "open"
Old Dec 10, 19, 1:04 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
As another opening date slips.....

Earliest is now next summer despite having human testing done this past summer, is just insanity how long this has dragged on......
Old Dec 10, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: EY Gold
After flying emirates through terminal 3 after a long time, I was thinking about how much Etihad needs the new midfield terminal i it wants to be even in the competition but here we are...
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:22 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Could be worse... Berlin Brandenburg is still not open and was due 2008!!!

https://www.flightglobal.com/constru...133857.article
Old Dec 12, 19, 12:23 am

We still have not started our new airport in London and been thinking about it from the 60s can’t even decide on an extra runway at Heathrow
Old Dec 13, 19, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick View Post
As another opening date slips.....

Earliest is now next summer despite having human testing done this past summer, is just insanity how long this has dragged on......
I don't think it's insanity. There is simply no demand for it. And in ME it's all about saving face, so they will never admit it. They are probably looking for another spin to delay it further.
Old Dec 13, 19, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd View Post
I don't think it's insanity. There is simply no demand for it. And in ME it's all about saving face, so they will never admit it. They are probably looking for another spin to delay it further.
It's not an issue of wanting to postpone the opening - it's simply not finished yet.
Old Dec 14, 19, 3:46 am

Programs: EY Plat
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
It's not an issue of wanting to postpone the opening - it's simply not finished yet.
yup, ive heard minor subsidence issues and final civil defence approvals.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: