Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUH Midfield Terminal Opening

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:58 pm

No new updates on timing, right?

Also, anyone think the new terminal, if/when opened, could allow for more / different foreign airlines? I wonder if they'd have easier slot allocation since the terminal is bigger?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deltatrav
No new updates on timing, right?

Also, anyone think the new terminal, if/when opened, could allow for more / different foreign airlines? I wonder if they'd have easier slot allocation since the terminal is bigger?
They'd need to want to come, some american airlines so as to use the US Immigration would be good lol. The airport is far from being at capacity since Etihad downsized
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:24 pm

It would seem there are updates, many Etihad staff mentioned that airport staff are being hired in droves along with lots of crew for the returning A380s. Heard this from the Chauffeur who has been driving Pilots between interviews and checking and F lounge staff. Everyone feels a soft opening for the return of the A380 due to capacity restraints and now the press is reporting a likely formal opening on national day in December

https://simpleflying.com/abu-dhabi-m...rminal-update/
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:40 pm

Which will be a good upgrade seeing as my LHR flight last Friday morning was delayed by rain, all the Airbridges were flooded. Not a little, literally every ceiling tiles had water cascading out and buckets everywhere, we eventually went through, lights off and etihad staff lining the way lighting the airbridge with their mobile phones warning us where the streams were coming down, I seriously kid you not
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Sounds normal*. Everybody's house floods every time it rains. My office building, newly built in 2011, leaks rain in whenever it rains.

* for the UAE
Old Apr 24, 2023, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
November Opening??

I had a recent feedback interaction with the Guest Relations team about using the T3 remote gates (36-57) and how Priority Boarding is failing when using buses. In their response, quoted below, they say this will no longer be an issue from November... unless you are using Pre-clearance for US flights.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 7:19 am

Talking

Originally Posted by JayCee1966
November Opening??

I had a recent feedback interaction with the Guest Relations team about using the T3 remote gates (36-57) and how Priority Boarding is failing when using buses. In their response, quoted below, they say this will no longer be an issue from November... unless you are using Pre-clearance for US flights.
LOL. Almost exactly a year has passed since I last had a good chuckle about projected opening dates (post #141). November 2023. Sure, why not...
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by blue2002
LOL. Almost exactly a year has passed since I last had a good chuckle about projected opening dates (post #141). November 2023. Sure, why not...
Late this year feels more real than the hopium around Dubai ExPo, and “definitely 2020, definitely 2021, definitely 2022”, complete with promises to eat hats 😂.

The chatter in Abu Dhabi is significant this time round. But it’s Abu Dhabi, so anyone’s guess. They may be pinning hopes on increased traffic that doesn’t materialise.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:00 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
It would make sense, as traffic is increasing, thus why the A380s are making a return. But this is definitely one of those 'I won't believe it till I see it' situations.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Inshallah
blue2002, gembowcup and Duck1981 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:26 pm

LOL. Almost exactly a year has passed since I last had a good chuckle . . . .
I think I chuckled more when I read someone had a "feedback interaction". Made up turn of phrase.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:36 am

Supposedly it's grand opening is national Day in December so assume November is soft opening to make sure all the lifts work unlike Terminals at LHR when the news crews got stuck and filmed out from within their glass prisons
Old Apr 25, 2023, 8:15 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Supposedly it's grand opening is national Day in December so assume November is soft opening to make sure all the lifts work unlike Terminals at LHR when the news crews got stuck and filmed out from within their glass prisons
AUH is the land of unmitigated success. The hard opening will precede the soft opening, for sure.
And any unfavourable media coverage can be confiscated prior to circulation. Remember, we are talking about a country that at least a few years back used to severely punish people for posting images of storm damage on social media.
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Inshallah
bukra inshallah
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:25 am

AUH is the land of unmitigated success. The hard opening will precede the soft opening, for sure.
And any unfavourable media coverage can be confiscated prior to circulation. Remember, we are talking about a country that at least a few years back used to severely punish people for posting images of storm damage on social media.
Used to ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.