Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing award arrival city at airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Changing award arrival city at airport

Maybe someone knows the answer to this. I have three AA business class award tickets AUH-IAD. What are the chances, or even if I can do this, change my flight to JFK which leaves an hour earlier at the airport in AUH
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:39 pm

zero chance. I once managed to change to a later AUH-JFK flight on a paid ticket due to a long delay, but it took a lot of effort.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Other than in IRROPS, zero. Those are AA-issued tickets and AA would have to cancel and reissue new tickets. That isn't happening at a ticket counter anywhere.

In IRROPS on the day of travel, it would be EY's responsibility to reroute you to IAD. Thus, if your flight were cancelled 2-3 hours prior to the IAD flight and there was availability, EY might either reroute you on the JFK flight or via JFK to IAD and you could abandon the JFK-IAD segment presuming that your tickets terminate at IAD. However, that means a cancellation or long delay as well as availability in J or below with the emphasis on below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.