Search

Etihad Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Etihad Customer Service

My last flight on Etihad was on the 21st of January, MAA-AUH

With the prices increasing and services going the other way I have moved my custom elsewhere.

Lost platinum status as of this March and honestly dont give two flippers about it!

Add to this the incompetent team at Retroclaims who take weeks to respond to GuestPlatinum claims.

Anyone in the same boat as I?

Last edited by EYrevanchist; Apr 6, 2019 at 3:45 am
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
My last flight on Etihad was on the 21st of January, MAA-AUH

With the prices increasing and services increasing I have moved my custom elsewhere.

Lost platinum status as of this March and honestly dont give two flippers about it!

Add to this the incompetent team at Retroclaims who take weeks to respond to GuestPlatinum claims.

Anyone in the same boat as I?
I have been pretty loyal since 2007. Just about all my with my family travel from the UK in the East direction was with EY. I have been gold for about 9 years and my family the same. I fly about 30% J and 70% Y. The prices in Y for XMAS 2019 period are almost double what I found on LH from Manchester.

Lack of local lounges, worse food, worse on board service, paying for seats, less luggage. All small things but they all add up. And, when the prices are double, its time to move on. My last flights with EY will be next week. I have done well over 200 flights in 10 years. Time to move on for me. Sad state of affairs. They were once a great airline, but they have seriously gone down hill in the last few years. With the prices as they are, I can't imagine they will fill the flights from Manchester when other airlines are much cheaper.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:27 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Final flight with EY (I hope for good!) is next week AUH-MCT in Y. As a Platinum I couldn't even book seats in advance without paying cash for them. Pathetic. Bye EY.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Final flight with EY (I hope for good!) is next week AUH-MCT in Y. As a Platinum I couldn't even book seats in advance without paying cash for them. Pathetic. Bye EY.
Same here. Flying with the family tomorrow to LHR. As a Platinum paying for seat selection sticks in my craw. Apparently it's "your choice". Well my choice is to move my business to other airlines.
eddibabyyeah, NoY, EFATO and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
.As a Platinum I couldn't even book seats in advance without paying cash for them. Pathetic. Bye EY.
Yep, its poor. I just checked in online for my flight on Tuesday & couldn't change the assigned seat without paying. So, I am stuck in the middle row. Really poor for the prices they charge. If they want to be a budget airline and charge for these things then that's fine as a business model. But the prices are higher than any other carrier out of MAN these days, so I wouldn't call that budget prices, but its definitely budget service.
NoY and EYrevanchist like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Hoping @EtihadHelp sees these comments above...

someone should rad these from senior management
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:11 am

The financial reports seem to suggest that their sales are doing OK (not great, only a slight dip, but not as bad as they thought).
Don't forget, a lion's share of EY's revenues come from Abu Dhabi government employee's business travel, which are inelastic to prices, but depend more on oil prices.

They probably won't miss us very much, so long as all the gov agencies continue to only fly their employees on EY.
EYrevanchist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.