FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Getting through to someone who can help at EY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1954542-getting-through-someone-who-can-help-ey.html)

Vitriol01 Feb 4, 2019 2:41 am

Getting through to someone who can help at EY

Hi All,

EY's customer service is definitely getting worse. I'm Gold, and in the past when I've experienced issues I've at least been granted the courtesy of a response by someone at EY (even if the outcome is not really what I wanted). Sadly, even that seems to be beyond EY these days.

Long story short - I left my iPad in the AUH lounge before a flight in December. I realised this while I was on the plane, and was told by the purser that the lounge had been informed, and the item would be kept for me until I returned to AUH. I contacted EY a few weeks later to arrange to collect upon my return, only to be told that the item had gone unclaimed for 14 days and was therefore no longer retrievable. The galling part about this is that I was very clearly informed by the purser that AUH had been notified and that the item would be available for collection when I was back the following month.

I'm not out an iPad and am seeking an explanation and some recompense. Various e-mails to customer services and EY Guest have gone unanswered, nor has Twitter yielded a response.

Anyone got any any contact details for someone who may be able to actually help?

Thanks!

eddibabyyeah Feb 4, 2019 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Vitriol01 (Post 30737018)
Hi All,

EY's customer service is definitely getting worse. I'm Gold, and in the past when I've experienced issues I've at least been granted the courtesy of a response by someone at EY (even if the outcome is not really what I wanted). Sadly, even that seems to be beyond EY these days.

Long story short - I left my iPad in the AUH lounge before a flight in December. I realised this while I was on the plane, and was told by the purser that the lounge had been informed, and the item would be kept for me until I returned to AUH. I contacted EY a few weeks later to arrange to collect upon my return, only to be told that the item had gone unclaimed for 14 days and was therefore no longer retrievable. The galling part about this is that I was very clearly informed by the purser that AUH had been notified and that the item would be available for collection when I was back the following month.

I'm not out an iPad and am seeking an explanation and some recompense. Various e-mails to customer services and EY Guest have gone unanswered, nor has Twitter yielded a response.

Anyone got any any contact details for someone who may be able to actually help?

Thanks!

Normally posting something onto their public facebook page will get you a response

Vitriol01 Feb 4, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

amnicoll Feb 7, 2019 5:42 am

Contact the CEO.

Interested you think the customer service is getting worse when was it better?

JamesKidd Feb 7, 2019 6:52 am

Check ebay, maybe they will be flogging your iPad there. Probably one of Etihad money saving exercise, start flogging lost and found on ebay !