Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Transfer points from multiple Amex accounts to Etihad Guest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Has anyone heard of issues if someone tries to transfer MR points from multiple Amex accounts into a single Etihad guest account?

For example, I'm trying to book a flight on Etihad that requires 200K miles. I have 100K Amex points of my own, and my wife has 100K Amex points (I'm an authorized user on her account). Would there be any issue if I link both Amex accounts to my Etihad account and transfer the points in two different transactions (i.e., transfer 100K from my Amex account to my Etihad account; and transfer another 100K from my wife's Amex account to my Etihad account)?

I heard that linking multiple Amex accounts to a single FF account can be an issue with some airlines, so I want to confirm before I transfer such a large amount.

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
​​​Names have to match so cannot be done. What you can do however is make an EY guest account for your wife and then make a family account and merge the miles instantly after transfer to make one booking
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
​​​Names have to match so cannot be done. What you can do however is make an EY guest account for your wife and then make a family account and merge the miles instantly after transfer to make one booking
Thanks! The names will match. My wife is an authorized user on my Amex account, so I can transfer directly to her.

I will also look into how we can merge miles thorugh Etihad guest.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
No it doesn’t work like that. My gf is a supplementary card holder on my account but still it has to be the main account holder.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Quick update for anyone that cares.

I was successfully able to transfer points from my Amex account and my wife’s Amex account into my Etihad guest account. Im an authorized user on my wife’s Amex platinum and it was easy to link her access to my Etihad acct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.