Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Has Etihad noticed I don't fly them anymore?

Has Etihad noticed I don't fly them anymore?

Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:46 am

Loyalty lost

I flew exclusively in J with Etihad for my first 2 years in the UAE, last year I flew with them twice (pricing and timing was good) this year it looks like it'll be simply to use up the last of my miles (even then I'm now considering going through the motions to use them on Oman air for significantly less miles and a much better overall experience in J). It's sad to see this happen, especially given the opportunity they had when the competition from QR was removed.
A complete contrast to Oman Air who seem to have become a very good airline in a short space of time! Not to mention its hard to beat 4,000dhs DXB to BKK in J!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Caesium
A complete contrast to Oman Air who seem to have become a very good airline in a short space of time! Not to mention its hard to beat 4,000dhs DXB to BKK in J!
Hi, I have around 120k EYG miles and was looking to spend them on a trip from London to Asia. Where is an easy way to find Oman Air redemption mileage costs?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by ID90_J
Hi, I have around 120k EYG miles and was looking to spend them on a trip from London to Asia. Where is an easy way to find Oman Air redemption mileage costs?
Hey ID90,
On the Etihad Guest page under the "Spend Miles" tab you can find the Oman Air redemption table in PDF for download.
From London to Muscat is 22,000 Eco, 44,000 Biz and 80,000 in F each way, Muscat to Asia is limited to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Jakarta and Singapore, for around 17-26k Eco and 34-51k in Biz.

I'm yet to actually book any partner flights through the Etihad team but there's a couple of threads on how that can be done.

Cs
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
This might be a little niche for this chat, but there are signs that EY is starting to expand again. They have just released a very attractive new credit card for the Indian market

https://www.sbicard.com/en/personal/...-sbi-card.page

Let's hope for new offerings in other countries too
anyfees99 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
They got rid of the credit card for the UK last year.

I do not think a new credit card is a sign of expansion and neither does it address the fundamental problem of a decline in quality
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
They got rid of the credit card for the UK last year.

I do not think a new credit card is a sign of expansion and neither does it address the fundamental problem of a decline in quality
I had the UK card, and was sad to see it go. But MBNA got rid of every airline credit card, not just EY

The decline in quality comes from a desire to cut costs, after a series of horrible investments.

A new credit card issuance costs money, so hopefully it is a sign that management are thinking about expansion, rather than contraction

Also, if a new UK EY credit card matches the Indian card, then I would be very happy
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:11 pm

Got a reminder by email a few weeks ago about requalifying for Plat. Got 0 miles so far. Reason could be, that I‘ve blacklisted EY.

A loss of USD 4.75bn with a turnover around USD 18bn in the last three years is a lot for an airline, who doesn’t pay company taxes and who let other UAE organisations pay for other high losses.

Anyway, at least you can learn from EY how not to run an airline or even any kind of business. And you can learn how to destroy your country’s reputation in many parts of the world.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Hopefully they will resist the temptation to buy Malaysian Airlines!!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Hopefully they will resist the temptation to buy Malaysian Airlines!!
The "manangement" can't be that stu.......oh, wait..they are!@:-)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by NoY
The "manangement" can't be that stu.......oh, wait..they are!@:-)
Well, they are throwing money at Jet Airways..
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Last year I spent £128,439.29 on Etihad.

The question is do they realise I have stopped flying them?

Those who have also stopped flying them, I suggest you post your last year spend below, and hopefully someone from Etihad will realise we will not accept these cuts.
2017 - $0
2018 - $0
2019 - probably the same
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by enox5
Well, they are throwing money at Jet Airways..
Basket case after basket case investments!
I know many employees have/are trying to abandon ship or are self-entitled/unemployable. What a great culture has been developed (& they are not alone in the ME3 as can be seen elsewhere in these parts)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Basket case after basket case investments!
I know many employees have/are trying to abandon ship or are self-entitled/unemployable. What a great culture has been developed (& they are not alone in the ME3 as can be seen elsewhere in these parts)
At this point they have no choice. They have thrown so much money at Jet, that if they stop now, they would have to take a massive loss.

In theory, India should be a growth market
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Jet just announced the suspension of all flights to AUH..
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Don't have revenue numbers on hand but once I quit EY I was Platinum on oneworld within 3 months and Skyteam within a year. Much more choice of routes & fares and better treatment on virtually ALL carriers now. Should have done it sooner.
NoY likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.