Wiki Posts
Search

Short Check success?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Short Check success?

All,

I'm flying Syd-ABU-LHR-ARN and don't want to use the final flight from LHR to ARN. There is virtually no meaningful stopover in Abu Dhabi (i.e. 1 hr to change plane) and there is a 3hr and 5min layover in London. I'd like to leave at London and preferably with my baggage. I know some people have had some success with short-checking on Etihad but just wanted to know any success stories and how best to do it.

If it matters:
- I'm flying business
- last flight from LHR to ARN is with SAS. Others with Etihad.
- people in other forums suggested being devious and asking to drop items off in London (so needing bag) and others have said to say I'd like my bags in order to have a shower and change following 20+ hours with Etihad (considering the stopover in Abu Dhabi is really short).

I'm happy to be honest or devious. My experience is you're often asked whether to check all the way through in code-shared scenarios (i.e. they are less likely to do it if it was Etihad the whole way but where it's with another airline often they are quite good about it). I had this recently when flying Emirates to Koh Samui (last flight was with Bangkok Airways and Emirates asked whether we wanted to check all the way through or not).

Any advice, tips or tricks would be helpful.

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: BA, SPG
I am doing that route too soon would be interested in answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.