Premium economy announced

Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Premium economy announced

Long overdue in my opinion. 10 A380 and 21 787s to be retrofitted. I wonder will they actually change the seat itself or even modify the service level?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Actually, looking at various news articles, it just sounds like the same seat with an extra 5" of pitch.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Pointless, as well as expected if so. Shortest cheapest route to more revenue every time. I wish they'd change the name of the airline such is its disassociation with its former self
jaejaez likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
And if upgrading using miles from cattle , wow an extra 5 inches of leg room to premium cattle .....The next enhancement would be the adjustment of the mileage award chart , making the jump from Y to J , unobtainable to mere peasants like myself that have been gold for 9 years now , I hope WE match my status next month , good riddance Etihad
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I cant believe reports that extra leg room seats are making them a ton of money as Ive never seen people pay. 140 for germany to AUH. Nah, its fine thanks!

More budget airline tactics from the emirati school kids left to run the airline. Especially funny when you read the twaddle in the National about EYs birthday
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
I cant believe reports that extra leg room seats are making them a ton of money as Ive never seen people pay. 140 for germany to AUH. Nah, its fine thanks!

More budget airline tactics from the emirati school kids left to run the airline. Especially funny when you read the twaddle in the National about EYs birthday
LOL. Don't forget the consultants who are making serious $$ for coming up with their brilliant "strategy"
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by tommy123
And if upgrading using miles from cattle , wow an extra 5 inches of leg room to premium cattle .....The next enhancement would be the adjustment of the mileage award chart , making the jump from Y to J , unobtainable to mere peasants like myself that have been gold for 9 years now , I hope WE match my status next month , good riddance Etihad
thai smile?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
They are steering clear of calling it Premium Economy

I have to say as someone who many years ago used to travel from London to Bangkok in the days when I was younger and money was tight I found the Eva Air premium Economy to be excellent value for money when it was introduced (it was something in the region of 100 more than economy in those days) and were I still living in London I would probably still be flying with Eva although these days in Business class as the service was always excellent and I lost count of the number of upgrades I got to business.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Real Premium Economy has 38" seat pitch, enhanced seats & a dedicated cabin. This is NOT real Premium Economy, its just spin.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants

thai smile?
my mistake , wy.....ive actually flown Thai smile quite a lot recently . Pretty good compared to their older overpriced brother
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
I can’t believe reports that extra leg room seats are making them a ton of money as I’ve never seen people pay. €140 for germany to AUH. Nah, it’s fine thanks!

Your post comes across as condescending when you consider that the same "school kids" are fully building satellites being sent to orbit, and preparing to go to Mars as well

Last edited by LonghornDXB; Nov 10, 2018 at 1:44 am
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
There is no such thing as a "standard" premium economy seat pitch just as the economy and business seat pitches vary between airlines and Etihad are not pitching it as premium economy on the basis that I presume all you get is extra leg room

Mind you the picture on the web pages suggests far more room than the reality dare I say more than many business classes
https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/plan-an...extra-legroom/

For short haul economy yes I was happy with Thai Smile nothing special but did the job and far preferable to Air Asia
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Is this really PE? There is no mention of upgraded service or better food options. Looks to me to be another crazy scheme to try and generate cash.As a data point on last few flights I've taken MAN - AUH - BKK these "reserved" extra legroom seats were all empty.

Just tried a dummy booking MAN-AUH next year and the Economy Space seats available are just the current Exit row seats rebranded on the 787 legs, as far as I can see. Increasing the extra leg room quantity on an A380 from 20 to 80 will mean 60 less standard seats, which in theory will generate extra income, but judging by current usage I doubt it!! And what about those canny flyers who wait it out to check in last minute and potentially get them for free?? Not a well thought out business model.

On a plus point as there are so many of these seats in the future maybe Golds and Platinums will get the old perk of free extra leg room...
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:58 am

No need to pay for premium , just hop on an EY flight from LHR and you can pick your own row in Y ( and it's free )
Old May 12, 2019, 2:58 pm

Etihad OLD Premium economy

Its true,Etihad had a premium economy in its early years.
see attached brochure info.
49inch pitch.

Premium economy with chauffeur drive too.
Dubh likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.