Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Which biz class is better? EY 131 or EY 101?

Which biz class is better? EY 131 or EY 101?

Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Question Which biz class is better? EY 131 or EY 101?

I plan to book flights for 2 senior citizens flying from AUH to USA. They have an option to land in IAD or JFK.

EY 131 is B789 airbus while EY 101 is A380. Which one has a good business class flight experience? I gather that they are comparable, but I also hear mixed opinions about them.

Also, given the snow winter time in east coast USA around Christmas time, which destination airport is preferable and safer to land to avoid airport shutdown due to bad weather? IAD or JFK?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by curiousGal
I plan to book flights for 2 senior citizens flying from AUH to USA. They have an option to land in IAD or JFK.

EY 131 is B789 airbus while EY 101 is A380. Which one has a good business class flight experience? I gather that they are comparable, but I also hear mixed opinions about them.

Also, given the snow winter time in east coast USA around Christmas time, which destination airport is preferable and safer to land to avoid airport shutdown due to bad weather? IAD or JFK?

Thanks!!
Went ahead with EY 131 IAD option. The final destination is CVG, so I can use SW direct flight from BWI to get there....
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:07 am

You do realize that BWI is nowhere near IAD, and you should allow at least 3 - 4 hours to get from IAD to BWI, especially as the Etihad flight arrives IAD just at the time when there is a TON of traffic in the DC area. I wouldnt recommend this approach at all.

Went ahead with EY 131 IAD option. The final destination is CVG, so I can use SW direct flight from BWI to get there....
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasondc
You do realize that BWI is nowhere near IAD, and you should allow at least 3 - 4 hours to get from IAD to BWI, especially as the Etihad flight arrives IAD just at the time when there is a TON of traffic in the DC area. I wouldnt recommend this approach at all.
The maps shows 60 miles between IAD and BWI. I plan to pick them up from IAD at 5:30 pm and drive to BWI immediately so that we have enough time to catch the 10 pm flight in BWI.

I thought this was feasible, unless you see something that I am not seeing....what other options do I have?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:18 am

I dont think you understand just how bad the traffic can be at that time of day in the DC area. It's taken me nearly two hours at that time of day to get from Dulles into downtown DC, which is only 26 miles away. Normally at least an hour, but if it's really bad it's really bad.

United has a 10:15PM nonstop flight from IAD to CVG. Sure, it MIGHT not be as cheap as Southwest from BWI, but at least it would spare them the horrendous drive and possibility of missing their connection. I've taken that AUH to IAD flight numerous times and I'd much prefer just relaxing at Dulles over the trek to BWI.

I'd look into that.

The maps shows 60 miles between IAD and BWI. I plan to pick them up from IAD at 5:30 pm and drive to BWI immediately so that we have enough time to catch the 10 pm flight in BWI.

I thought this was feasible, unless you see something that I am not seeing....what other options do I have?
Yoshi212 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.