Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad SYD, MEL lounges next to become The House lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad SYD, MEL lounges next to become The House lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
SYD has more than one show cubicle I thought? It's not really a transit lounge so doesn't warrant more.

It has always been poor for F pax. Like all single lounge concepts there is no dedicated F seating. As we arrive at T-90 we're sometimes left with no two seats together.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:13 pm

Am in the house lounge SYD as we speak and I have to say food choice is terrible, servers don’t have a smile or care less. The music is way too lounge and not very ‘loungey’ the seating is too squashed together and not enough powerpoints for a lounge in this day and age...

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:55 pm

Very pleased to report that I have not had to fly SYD/LHR or MEL/LHR on EY since November '17. Relocated to UK! The new Etihad lounges sound horrid.
However well aware that there can be very long waiting periods for folks boarding international flights, travelling from distant locations in Australia.

​​​​​​I always used a VA lounge, just showed my Etihad Guest card. VA SYD is in the domestic terminal, but if arriving in SYD from a domestic flight its simple, transfer to the International terminal will always be a bore, free transfer via shuttle bus (VA give you a free pass), much easier than getting the train (and don't try a taxi, they will dump you immediately when they realise where you are going) . Flying via MEL is even easier, VA lounge in same complex as the International terminal.

The Virgin Australia lounges are not First Class, but they have seriously good simple proper food thats not curling up at the edges, good barista coffee and a good selection of wine and beers. Loos get get 5 stars, as do staff. As a bonus one can people watch - Every Australian sports team uses VA, so far Netball, Rugby League, swimming, tennis and beach volleyball on my list.
Brainless69 likes this.

Last edited by grannieflyer; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:01 pm Reason: A thought
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
#CancelCostCuts
Tweet @EtihadAirways
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: BA, SPG
I am sitting in Sydney lounge

I must admit it’s a good business lounge and ok first. Service is good only complaint no champagne just sparkling white. M
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by BrianLeahy
I must admit it’s a good business lounge and ok first. Service is good only complaint no champagne just sparkling white. M
The food selection at breakfast is the usual four star hotel breakfast buffet but they do do a la carte and have a barista as well for those so inclined. The lounge would be small for an A380 selection but it is going to be refurbished by The House. The only real complaint about the food selection is that it is a very western only selection so variety is not there.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Just left the SYD lounge - disappointing buffet food selection mid afternoon, but the drink choice was good. Ordered a burger from the a la carte menu but gave up waiting after 40 mins and having chased it already as I had to get my flight. Frankly it was worse than the No 1 that I regularly use in London, just a bit quieter. Definitely not a First Class experience.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by DangerM55
Just left the SYD lounge - disappointing buffet food selection mid afternoon, but the drink choice was good. Ordered a burger from the a la carte menu but gave up waiting after 40 mins and having chased it already as I had to get my flight. Frankly it was worse than the No 1 that I regularly use in London, just a bit quieter. Definitely not a First Class experience.
I was in the LHR house lounge a week ago for breakfast , pretty much the same , luke warm buffet , only al- a- carte were the style of eggs , no butter for bread ( asked , and was given one portion ) no cheese platter , pretty c__p really
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone know the time entry policy regarding business passengers on Etihad? Can you come in at any point if you have a longer connection or do they charge you if you arrive more than 3 hours before your flight? Also do they still serve champagne or is it just prosecco now?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:02 am

Sounds like it's not worth getting here early. Is it worth eating in the lounge or better to wait until onboard (F)? What's the drinks selection in the lounge like (other than the lack of champagne)?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:55 am
THR

When I last flew VA business international there was champagne (can’t recall variety) and the food was decent enough. Far far better than the QF business lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:02 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The House SYD has a small a la carte menu, but they are all main meals, no entrees. Decent drinks selection.

We generally have a drink and maybe share one meal prior to boarding. It would be better if they had some entrees like a salad etc
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:48 pm
THR

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The House SYD has a small a la carte menu, but they are all main meals, no entrees. Decent drinks selection.

We generally have a drink and maybe share one meal prior to boarding. It would be better if they had some entrees like a salad etc
The salads at the buffet were quite good though.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by THR
The salads at the buffet were quite good though.
Good tip, thanks. Sounds like they have buffet and a la carte.

Originally Posted by m0hamed

Yes, some small plates would be ideal.

Do you guys have any thoughts/suggestions on the food in the F lounge at AUH?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:40 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by flood
Good tip, thanks. Sounds like they have buffet and a la carte.

Yes, some small plates would be ideal.

Do you guys have any thoughts/suggestions on the food in the F lounge at AUH?
EY F Lounge isn’t operated by The House. The F&B is exceptional as far as lounges go.

If you’re connecting I don’t bother with the on board shower, rather I’ll have breakfast, do 30 mins of cardio then shower in the gym (it’s a little known secret and you never have to wait).

Showers are great before landing at your final destination but once you’ve done it, there’s no need to fumble around in that tight space when you can shower on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.