Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Big increase in bid for upgrade or too far out??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ey

Im flying to manila in 2 weeks and always bid to upgrade to business on the auh-mnl leg,i paid £365 last time in may on a deal fare for the upgrade,however this time the minimum is £515,a increase of 50%,or is it set higher this far out (2 weeks)and drops a couple of days out?i wont be bidding at £515 btw
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
No wonder they are not making any money! <£400 from a deal fare to J!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by Gavin Moule
Im flying to manila in 2 weeks and always bid to upgrade to business on the auh-mnl leg,i paid £365 last time in may on a deal fare for the upgrade,however this time the minimum is £515,a increase of 50%,or is it set higher this far out (2 weeks)and drops a couple of days out?i wont be bidding at £515 btw
if your gold or platinum , I wouldn't bother bidding . That flight is normally oversold , due to local workers going home , so a free upgrade could be highly likely...and no I wouldn't bid £515 for an upgrade , another failed enhancement
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
Not sure they are not making any money of it, the quote is refereed to a single leg only not the entire trip, even more the upgrade is released within 48 hours from date of trip, when it is already clear J sets to remain empty instead. Since now many airlines offering this system I guess it helps to increase their revenues.
eddibabyyeah likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
Are you saying that’s cheap?? Still probs works out more expensive/similar to just buying a J fare. If a £500 cheapo EU to Asia then still means an extra £1500 to upgrade all 4 legs. I wouldn’t say £2000 is cheap.. I would say it’s a relatively standard rate.

In answer to the OPs question yes the rates have gone up. On my recent trip to BKK the UK-AUH and vv legs we’re min of £650 and the AUH-BKK was about £500. Would be much cheaper to just buy a J ticket.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by pogonation

Are you saying that’s cheap?? Still probs works out more expensive/similar to just buying a J fare. If a £500 cheapo EU to Asia then still means an extra £1500 to upgrade all 4 legs. I wouldn’t say £2000 is cheap.. I would say it’s a relatively standard rate.

In answer to the OPs question yes the rates have gone up. On my recent trip to BKK the UK-AUH and vv legs we’re min of £650 and the AUH-BKK was about £500.

........do you have any status with Etihad ( it wouod help ito let us know if you want help )....once used to knock out unsold business seats at a reduced rate , now the op up price is just unreasonable . For this particular flight , I would always check the load factor first before I booked the ticket ..( higher load , more chance of sn upgrade ).If you've got status and there are any hic-cups ,e.g. , late arriving aircraft , you would almost certainly get a free upgrade ....i used to pay to upgrade on the AUH- BKK route regularly , but once they started not honouring the miles , due to the Jurassic computer system , I simple didn't bother , and usually got upgraded free of charge

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:47 am Reason: Fixed end quote tag
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:42 am

Very badly written , i apologise, my 4 year old granddaughter wrote what I said ....she's already being headhunted as the next CEO , surely can't do any worse than the current baffoons in charge
pogonation likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ey
Well received an email today and the minimum has dropped,its now £340 so i will put a bid in,btw i am a gold member and have been opup on this route twice before,however for the cost and flight time that price feels fair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.