Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Why is LHR so awful with operational upgrades?

Why is LHR so awful with operational upgrades?

Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Only op-ups I have ever received were EX-LHR. YMMV, of course.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
I wonder if it has to do with your country of residence? Theory being that those of us in the UAE are basically screwed, even with Platinum status.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by akalra1187

It doesn’t work with every agent, but try it, it does work when you get the ‘right’ agent.
Better not to be sceptical unless you’ve tried.
Most agents do not have the authority or system permissions to action an upgrade. In AUH that has to be done by Guest Control and in outstations is done by the Supervisor/Duty Manager.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Had it confirmed last week that opups are now ENTIRELY based on your fare type and status no longer makes any difference at all, Want F buy J basically.
No point renewing other than to get a good cross status when Emirates finally rebadge this airline. That just has got to be the way forward or just stop building the new airport

Oh and Akalra is correct that in AUH sweet talking the agent often put me in F up until perhaps late last year. Ive only had a single opup this year and that was a redemption out of Paris. Zero to or from London as I'm in Z usually
akalra1187 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Had it confirmed last week that opups are now ENTIRELY based on your fare type and status no longer makes any difference at all, Want F buy J basically.
No point renewing other than to get a good cross status when Emirates finally rebadge this airline. That just has got to be the way forward or just stop building the new airport

Oh and Akalra is correct that in AUH sweet talking the agent often put me in F up until perhaps late last year. Ive only had a single opup this year and that was a redemption out of Paris. Zero to or from London as I'm in Z usually
Well this isn’t good. Planned 100,000+ miles/year for the next few years. Only chose EY for higher chance of op-ups (have to go to MAN for EY) but may as well move to EK from NCL (my local) instead. Anyone know how EK is with op-ups?

Alternative is to move to WY. Good Y and J fares and a great J product. Anyone know how WY is with op-ups. I suspect they rarely have full Y cabin?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Do you mean outbound from LHR or any route? Do you know how long this policy has been in place? I got opup'd 2 weeks ago AUH-MAN. I purchased the cheapest Y seat and am gold.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by pogonation
Anyone know how EK is with op-ups?
EK is not status based (other than Platinum). Anything less than Platinum, and it's based on the ticket type. A non-status passenger on a Flex ticket will trump a Gold on a saver ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.