Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad ticket seat selection with AA mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Ethihad Airlines won’t let me select seats after purchasing mileage tickets via AA, stated per new policy they’re open 24 hours before flight. I booked tickets for a family of 4, hoping to get seats together in a 4 seat config - long flight from North America to India destination. I have AA PlatPro status and booked them with all miles. Any hopes for seat selection? Will they adjust if kids are below 10 last minute?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:35 am

Welcome to the latest in a line of enhancements chief. A good question, which I doubt anyone here can definitively answer as yet. It does look like status, even for us with relatively high EY Guest status, counts for zero. I booked a trip for the 4 of us back to Europe from AUH over Christmas and I reluctantly paid the seat selection.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Where is the 24 hours figure taken from? OLCI on EY is 48 hours before flight.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by flyerby
yes, I've seen the 24hr bit mentioned elsewhere by EY. Might even have been in the email I got back from Platinumguest when I contacted them to complain.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by flyerby
OLCI opens 48 hours before the flight, but you can only select seats for free 24 hours before the flight. Anything before 24 hours is subject to the new seat selection fee. I believe that is what OP is referring to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.