Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance - Student + EY Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Baggage Allowance - Student + EY Gold

I recently purchased a ticket via a TA who ended up using Etihad's student travel code that allows for an additional bag on top of the 2 x 23 kg allowed for Y travelers. I was wondering if this means that I am allowed to actually take 4 bags since I am also EY Gold which also allows me an additional bag of 23 kg. I am flying from BOM to JFK and I feel like there is some sort of rule around the max weight/number of pieces that a traveler can take with them to the US, but could be mistaken.

I ask because I am traveling with my sister who has no status and since she is a US citizen and doesn't have the necessary documents, she may not be able to take advantage of the offer (the EY call center could not tell me, they said she'll just have to see at the airport). If I am able to check-in 4, I might be able to check one or two in for her as she is expecting to have much more stuff.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ss1710
I recently purchased a ticket via a TA who ended up using Etihad's student travel code that allows for an additional bag on top of the 2 x 23 kg allowed for Y travelers. I was wondering if this means that I am allowed to actually take 4 bags since I am also EY Gold which also allows me an additional bag of 23 kg. I am flying from BOM to JFK and I feel like there is some sort of rule around the max weight/number of pieces that a traveler can take with them to the US, but could be mistaken.

I ask because I am traveling with my sister who has no status and since she is a US citizen and doesn't have the necessary documents, she may not be able to take advantage of the offer (the EY call center could not tell me, they said she'll just have to see at the airport). If I am able to check-in 4, I might be able to check one or two in for her as she is expecting to have much more stuff.
I thought that the additional luggage allowance was limited to UAE nationals? Just double check

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.